NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (217 W 57th St) | 1,550 FT | 98 FLOORS

Can you post the text, Mcart? I’m sure that it sold at more than $4k/sf, which is a price point that no other American city comes remotely close to attaining.

2 Likes

downtown Brooklyn from yesterday. That is CPT right?

11 Likes

Lol yes :+1:, I’m actually surprised at how close it looks, the magic of camera lenses.

2 Likes

LOL I was like hang on a minute. I’ve seen it from street level deep in Brooklyn before but I’m usually up and over by Eastern Parkway and you can see most all of 57th and Vandy and the rest. The reveals around the outer boroughs are so surprising and unique.

3 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmvCClHs2E5/

9 Likes
2 Likes

Those who suggest that they’re giving these away are absurd. These are all selling at over $4k/sf which is unheard of anywhere else in America and in the world. Virtually nothing sells in London or Paris at that price point.

1 Like

There definitely are (in London, I’m not that sure about Paris) but ok? In general, I haven’t seen anyone here that has said units have just been being given away, that wouldn’t make sense in any case for anyone to say that.

I wouldn’t consider $50 Million a giveaway. But then again I don’t have 50 mil laying around.

Definitely not. I lived in London for many years and return at least twice per year.

1 Like

So are these articles just lying?

Look, I appreciate your overly expressive love for NYC, I love NYC too, but sometime you make it feel like everyone should only believe NYC exists, there are equally impressive things going on in other parts of the country and other parts of the world, you don’t have to shy them away for others just because you love NYC. NYC is the Financial capital of the world, but not the capital of everything.

7 Likes

NYC is the de facto world capital. London is nice. It’s an imperial capital of a midsize European nation. NYC is the crown jewel of the largest economy in world history. To state that NYC is simply the global financial capital is to damn upon it faint praise!

3 Likes

agreed, it becomes a bit crass and off-putting when trumpeted almost daily!

2 Likes

Tdvk,

Have you ever lived in London? Look at Savils.co.uk.

London’s standing as a financial center has plunged, and the whole country is in free fall - economically and otherwise.

Agreed, Lion.

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t necessarily want to live abroad from the US for personal reasons,

I don’t know how that relates to my concern/question, but that still doesn’t negate the fact that there are apartments selling for equal amount and more expensive in London per the articles. That’s why I asked if the articles were lying, no need to question if I’ve ever lived there, it was a yes or no question. I’m not trying to be disrespectful of your own residency in London or elsewhere, but using the argument of living somewhere doesn’t really give full insight all the time.

1 Like

It’s not a yes or no question. Those articles address very unique residences. There are scores of apartments in different areas of NY that sell for $4k/sf or more. That’s not true of London or Paris, two cities that I know very well and have many friends in.

1 Like

Ok then it was just an instance of misunderstanding, I was speaking in general terms of all apartment/condo types high and low end on the market and not necessarily sold, your comment made it seem like they only exist in NY, which through the articles, is untrue, so in that manner it was just a yes or no question.

But my main point of my initial comment was,

In general, I haven’t seen anyone here that has said units have just been being given away, that wouldn’t make sense in any case for anyone to say that.

I don’t want to sound rude (again) but it seem like comments are pulled out of thin air sometimes. If it’s said on a different forum or somewhere else that’s another story and it should be mentioned within the context of the comment, but to just say things without context of this forum confuses me sometimes as I find no evidence of some comments.

1 Like