NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (217 W 57th St) | 1,550 FT | 98 FLOORS

Don’t think about it. You’re a good dude.

1 Like

I think a spire would’ve made it too reminiscent of the old wtc north tower, even though this is glass and half the width. I like it as is.

6 Likes

Well 2 of these articles are definitely lying lol. They’re all referring to the same apartment with different prices…

1 Like

The $247 is in USD, the $318-320 are in AUD, they’re the same. :+1:

Outside of that bizarre conversation, I hope 2023 is the year buildings fix or get their lighting schemes.

6 Likes

The lighting on the various mechanical floors was turned on today. I have not seen them lit on the various earthcams or in person until today. The crown was only lit previously. The crown looks terrible because of the angle of the camera but it is nice to see all the lighting on.

11 Likes

That’s great to see!

But theres more sections they have to light up on the mechanical levels, the east side that emits more light

10 Likes

Following up on this post regarding the lighting, the crown is back to being lit at the proper brightness and it seems the mechanical spaces are continuing to be lit.

I have yet to see the unlit portions of the mechanical spaces lit that @TK2000 mentioned or determine if they were value-engineered out which is possibly plausible given this rendering sourced from here seems to depict those portions unlit.

Viewing CPT from the Statue of Liberty Harbour EarthCam, it’s crown is quite visible and bright.

9 Likes

Holy crap, great catch. If true, darn. But I can live with it, I’m sure those vertical strips of light show up nice in long exposures. Hopefully I can find out this year

4 Likes

15 Likes

So glassy.

4 Likes

Was this posted here before?

4 Likes

Only the AD one has been posted :+1:

2 Likes

The massiveness of this tower. It’s even more breathtaking in blue hour. Click for HD.

14 Likes

I agree, it looked good from Staten Island

2 Likes

11 Likes

Taken on 2/17/23

12 Likes

14 Likes
3 Likes

May anyone by any chance spare me a few dollars…or a few million

2 Likes
4 Likes