NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Boulevard | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS

https://www.moinian.com/3hudsonboulevard

looks like no N/S setbacks

10 Likes

They’re still there

8 Likes

He meant on the North and South elevations.

Btw, the amenity deck facing the park & boulevard is absolutely massive. It’d be awesome if it became a public restaurant or bar, rather than just for tenants.

2 Likes

I don’t think that there were ever setbacks on the n-s facades.

1 Like

The tower section is pushed back a bit from the north, base seems flush with the tower on the south face. There hasn’t been setbacks on the north and south faces

1 Like

Rebar is moving above ground so idk if that means this project is on or what

16 Likes

Credit: the dronalist

19 Likes

So is this actually going to go vertical now? Seems like a crane should be arriving soon if it is. I’m not quite sure what the status of this building is.

2 Likes

Same source as [chris08876]

16 Likes

It’s probably just hard to sell a hole in the ground to new tenants. So look we are building, as for example Brookfield Properties does with Manhattan West 2. We are building even though we do not have any big tenets. They will come, big or small (we believe in the future)

many small streams become a large river… :wink:

2 Likes

Rendering of plaza at Three Hudson Boulevard

10 Likes

This stuff makes me feel bad for Silverstein. Multimillion square foot office towers are literal peanuts for companies like Brookfield and Boston Properties. If he had the cash to spec 2WTC it would have been done so long ago…

4 Likes

The biggest hurdle for 2 WTC is internal competition within the city. With all of this space rising or slated to rise around the city, getting a major tenant commitment is a big task.

Hopefully he builds it on-spec. Would be nice to finally fill that void Downtown.

4 Likes

But a 1.8m sf tower doesn’t require nearly as big of an anchor lease as a 2.8m sf tower does. Before Covid, I thought that a Persian Gulf Sovereign Wealth Fund might fund speculative construction, but I don’t see that happening in the near future.

3 Likes

From my 3D model of New York:

37 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Saw your work on SSP. Glad you’re here!

12 Likes

Welcom to the forum @rgarri4 :beers: :beers: :beers:. Good work for New York and Chicago.

8 Likes

Welcome! :beers:

6 Likes

Awesome work! Welcome to the forum! :clap:t2:

4 Likes

its still my understanding that this is on hold indefinitely.

3 Likes