NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Boulevard | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS

Welcome rgarri4 :partying_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So did they just build to the first floor so that when a tenant signs, it’s ready to go?

2 Likes

Probably, very likely :wink:

1 Like

yes, they had to cap it due to the MTA vent shaft.

1 Like

This building vaguely reminds me of One Kansas City Place.

9 Likes

Do we think Barclay’s could anchor this?

4 Likes

I do.

3 Likes

The horrible patch of asphalt in front of Javits should be made into a park. Green space with fountains would be very nice.

11 Likes

Anyone know why they are covering all exposed rebar coming up from the slab? Started a few weeks ago, and now it looks like they are covering all the wood boxes with plastic. My guess is that this maybe means things are on hold for a while? Been very little activity since the slab was complete with the exception of the train crevasse – just this week and last they poured many trucks of concrete bringing that section up quite a bit.

16 Likes

I knew it; they’re going the 2 WTC route. They’re probably going to put the project on ice until they can nab an anchor. The reported price tag for this tower is what, 3-4 billion? No way they were ever going to build this on spec.

9 Likes

Welcome Johan55 to the forums and i think it will be on hold for at least a year…

3 Likes

It certainly looks like they’re sealing it up so the rebar doesn’t rust and become structurally compromised. You do that with roofing material, but you need something to apply that to, hence the plywood.

3 Likes

yep, its headed for long term hold.

2 Likes

Then I guess the 2010s skyscraper boom is officially over. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

yep, its renovation time…

3 Likes

Deck that whole site and put in a fun ‘skate park’ for the fun it - as a temporary place holder. It will be years, with the current glut of office space, so make the best of a bad situation for the time being.

That will be an eye sore in that prominent location at the main entrance for the transportation hub; do something creative and useful with that bare space.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. We have the JPMC tower and hopefully, 350 Park. Lots of other projects are in the pipeline too. With the pressure on banks’ loan portfolios, I don’t think that speculative towers will be financed. However, it seems that there are still many companies looking for big blocks of space.

5 Likes

My comment is in reference to the change in expectation from pre-pandemic last year to the reality of today’s expectation. Certainly not all of the current proposals will ever proceed now because of the pandemic/recession. But new proposals will hopefully take their place.

In any case, this building (along with 45 Broad Street) was expected to be under construction right now and finish in the near future. Sadly now it is probably on-hold. So, perhaps New York 2025 will not be what we expected. Now the 2025 skyline might be New York 2030.

1 Like

I think that’s true more so in smaller cities. Related’s project in Chicago and the Tribune tower in Chicago will probably be derailed, but I think that NY is fine. I can even see blockbuster super luxury towers in NY proceeding, such as the Turkish group’s 57th St site. A RAMSA there would do very well.

3 Likes

I hope so. :grinning:

2 Likes