WHITE PLAINS | Development News

No:

Although there is no formal proposal yet for what will replace the mall, White Plains Mayor Tom Roach has said that the entire building is likely to be torn down.

The mall’s owner, Pacific Retail Capital Partners, a California-based real estate investment group, announced in November 2022 that they were taking a first step toward redeveloping the property by forming a joint partnership with SL Green Realty Corp. and the Cappelli Organization.

The Journal News/lohud’s inquiries on the next steps of redevelopment were not returned as of Monday.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Galleria remains undemolished for another two decades. Demolition would cost tens of millions of dollars at today’s prices, and if there’s no viable plan regarding building anything on the site until borrowing rates go down, the most sensible approach (from an economic standpoint) would be to let the vacant mall stay in place as it is.

2 Likes

20 Tarrytown Road

1 Like
1 Like

8 Chester Avenue

1 Like
2 Likes

Good riddance!

1 Like

update on 39 Westmoreland Avenue

3 Likes
1 Like

25 North Lexington. Screenshots via LRC Construction

11 Likes

Hamilton Green site. Screenshots via Cappelliorg

10 Likes

1133 Westchester Avenue

4 Likes

6-10 Chester Avenue

2 Likes

White Plains downtown movie theater will close.

I am sad to hear that, I saw a lot of movies there growing up. However, I’ve never like the city center it’s an unpleasant street experience compared to the rest of Mamaroneck Ave. But there is nothing that can be done in the immediate to intermediate future.

White Plains Galleria total site redevelopment proposal

4 Likes

They should push the height limit to 610 feet to beat out New Rochelle for Westchester’s tallest.

1 Like

What’s being built on Hamilton green site?

4 towers, it is already under construction.

white plains is having so much construction