Replica Buildings

More looks at City Hall. A replacement spire for One Liberty is being shipped

7 Likes

Spire arrived! Once the glue is dry I’ll get better pictures

6 Likes

8 Likes

Does anyone remember the 4D Cityscape puzzle sets? They were fun little stylised models of various cities and came with lots of small plastic building replicas varying in detail. I have the New York one, but my 2WTC came crooked from a production error. I recently had access to a 3D printer, so I decided to print a little model of the two Foster designs to fit into my puzzle:

In the spirit of the original set, my models here aren’t scaled precisely and just try to capture the overall look of the designs.

4 Likes

I had this!! I wish I still had it, I’d definitely buy those little models too

2 Likes

old and new twin towers…

what kind of ships are these???

I received this in the mail today! Pretty accurate model, however the mast was white so I did a custom job. You can purchase the model here

3 Likes

Camera shots of the model

6 Likes

That’s a nice model :+1: price point seems a little too high for the size though. But hey if you like it that’s all that matters!

I need to buy a 3d printer so that I can 3d print my detailed model of the ESB.

I had this 3’ self made plexi model of the Burj Khalifa, but unfortunately, the top portion did not make it fully in transit.

6 Likes

I really like this model, and photography wise the photo!! :smiley:

I even had a 3d puzzle model of this same building I built 6 years ago :smiley:

1 Like

Some recent additions: 50 Hudson Yards, Chrysler Building, and 30 Park Place. Gonna add 9 Dekalb and 56 Leonard next I think.

4 Likes

Any updates to your collection? Looks amazing

A model of the original World Trade Center (I lost the spire, but it can still present the site in the early 70’s). Got this from a souvenir shop across the street from 4 WTC in 2016, they’re still open too. And

Here’s their shop if you’re not in the area, and you can find them on Amazon

3 Likes

And here’s the same model you have, in case you wanted a new replica

2 Likes

I have now added 9 DeKalb and 56 Leonard

The model of the old wtc is really nice! The one wtc model is close but not quite the same one. Still pretty decent though

3 Likes

I just restored my 111 West 57th model that was printed in 2020. Since it couldn’t stand on its own and I didn’t trust it, I gave it a custom base

4 Likes

It’s pretty cool the way this model seems to show the earlier Yamasaki design for 3WTC, particularly with its distinct expressed base and cornice levels and more grid-like facade. The height seems to be somewhere in between that of the Yamasaki and SOM designs.

2 Likes

Yea, I’ve always noticed that about 3 WTC on the replica. It makes me wonder if this mold is from the 70’s or if it’s just based off this scale model above

4 Likes

@bobaksreplicabuildings

3 Likes

anyone have new buildings?

My One Liberty miniature…of my 3d model

1 Like