Pedestrianize NYC

Happy New Year!

Rusticated granite does pretty well as a non slip surface, even with light ice coating.

1 Like

This is going to be amazing!

Nightlife is the only thing that makes 24/7 which causes conflict with residential. It’s a difficult balance.

2 Likes

https://cb5.chxo.com/cb5m/resolutions/2022-july/resolution_9/

4 Likes

I used to work in the building on the left side of this photo/rendering. Cool to see that.

2 Likes

I wonder what the status of this is. I think that there was some opposition to it, which is absurd. The buildings here are gorgeous, but the streetscape on Broadway is lousy. It sorely needs greenery.

I wouldn’t say it has any status yet, it’s still only a vision. I’d say only the 5th Ave pedestrianization project and the widening of the Park Ave center median are the only things that actually have status at the moment because they’ve been talked about and partially planned out by the city’s gov.

1 Like

I believe that the Meat Packing pedestrianization is also proceeding.

I would not be surprised to hear more about Broadway as far south as Union Sq too given all of the pedestrian fatalities.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, Broadway is the only boulevard/avenue that runs the entire length of Manhattan.

1 Like

I hope $21M can pay for more than just paint

6 Likes

I think that it runs past Albany.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Ok so there’s part of your confirmation as it regards to Broadway, it’s just not the Soho part that the city gov isn’t involved in, but these changes to the other portions of Broadway look better than what is being proposed in the Soho BW plan. They will better tie in those odd triangular intersections with the likes of the redesign of Times Square.:+1: Thanks for the article.

1 Like

They are working on the arches of the Brooklyn Bridge (Manhattan side)

Mockup of the new brick:

I believe this is related to the reopening of the skatepark.

7 Likes

This is going to be really nice! I look forward to it!

10 Likes

The arches and construction seem to be more related to this:
It’s a restoration project for the Brooklyn Bridge.

3 Likes

Got it - makes sense. Can we move the post to that topic?

2 Likes