New York Metropolitan Vintage Photo/Video Collection

12 Likes

Dude, what is your thing with postcards. They are literally just pictures, the exact same as any other that’s been posted here before

6 Likes

@mcart As they just posted a “postcard” in the Penn 15 thread…

The above comment made no sense. Why can’t you just contribute to the thread without making commotion. It’s very simple.

Seeing old images of anything in any form or media is interesting.

7 Likes

Ok and? They are still photos regardless. They’re vintage for a reason.

And also why did you post a postcard on the Penn 15 thread yet claim that you don’t like them? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Is that woolworth?

1 Like

Singer Building lobby c. 1917

and over 50 years later

straight down

8 Likes

Yep! :+1:

2 Likes

Nice photos and interesting angles! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s right, a rendering of the Penn Hotel. The photo is not from me.

The orginal Singer Lobby clock from 1908

8 Likes

What building is where the Singer is now?

This tombstone looking building.

4 Likes

30s video of the George Washington Bridge, and from the top of 30 Church Street / Hudson Terminal South. Good views of Woolworth, Telephone Building, 19 Rector Building, 1 Wall Street. Also Singer / City Investing Buildings behind the ugly ass youtube end cards that you can’t remove for some reason.

7 Likes

pp-13 54 by nick dewolf photo archive, on Flickr

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch4lRdQMlpu/

6 Likes

You’re done, you’re done… Can you literally ever stop, good lord.

Photo showing construction of Metropolitan Life North and all the odd phases it was constructed in. (I believe 4?)

9 Likes

Ok and? That thread is about it’s “new” neighbor, not the Metropolitan Life North building.

Also why would I not be able to post the image here, you seem to not understand that (considering you are ALWAYS complaining about postcards) that this is a thread about VINTAGE images/media, which would include old postcards and old photos of buildings REGARDLESS if there is a thread about said buildings and REGARDLESS of what media it is posted through.

4 Likes

You mean MetLife Tower North? In the photo taken around 1939, phase 2 is under construction.

Phase 1 was completed around the year 1932. Phase 3 was started in 1948, I have a photo of phase 3 under construction but the picture is bad.

2 Likes

It’s definitely called the Metropolitan Life North Building, :+1: But thanks for the construction dates, I thought there were 4 just because it’s hard to see the south east corner in a lot of photos since they were almost always taken from Madison Square Park

and then the flying car becomes a reality and you’re like…WTF was I thinking.