NEW YORK | Mackensens Unofficial Skyscraper Projects

Okay? But what’s the point of bringing in XingLin’s models? Just because they are in NY? By that logic I can also bring the topic of pizza to this thread.

I used to make paper models too and have actually already spoken to Mackensen about her paper model of her design, but you don’t see me bringing my old stuff into this topic just because it related to NY.

1 Like

I think his logic implies that the Sky High Tower is placed on the 175 Park Avenue site, which is why he posted the picture of the Chrysler Building, One Vanderbilt, and 175 Park. I could be misunderstood though.

2 Likes

You (007) have two options in this (my) topic from now on:

Either you write another pointless comment and have a one month ban.

Or

You ignore the topic and can continue to view the forum as a normal active member.

I would like to participate in an RFP with the Sky High Tower.

4 Likes

Can you really participate in an RFP?

As a private historian… I would say… good luck.

Bro what are you talking about.

Sky High Tower (Mackensens concept) has nothing to do with the 175 Park project.

2 Likes

Again, that has NOTHING to do with this thread. It’s ONLY her concept project. Also, it DOES NOT mean that it’ll be real just because it’s at the 175 Park Avenue site

3 Likes

175 Park Ave ≠ Sky High Tower.
Not the same project. Not even the same location. Mackesen just placed the paper model next to the Chrysler Building for comparison, not for location.

4 Likes

I don’t know why this was specifically directed at me, but you literally answered your own question in your comment, outside of the fact of what the previous members have said to you that Mackensen’s concepts are not an interation of the 175 Park Ave project and that there is no relation, she was just using the site as a possible location as she has done with many sites which she stated multiple times throughout the thread.

3 Likes

So many people have told you that it is just a concept…

2 Likes

Sometimes I feel like I’m having a stroke reading these forums recently.

5 Likes

Haha!

3 Likes

I don’t know if you are aware, but you’re testing my and everyone’s patience here in this thread…

1 Like

007 what else can I say to you, that you finally stop writing pointless crap. Or do you really want a one-month ban, but this time without bail. This is my last really last warning there is not another.

3 Likes

In case you ever wondered why I drew my concepts on Hudson Yards Phase Two I’ll tell you. When I was in New York for the first time (2011) the tour guide said to us they are building something very big Hudson Yards it is being built in two phases. If it’s up to me, there’s either the Sky High Tower Complex with two megatalls, or the River Side Plaza here.

This is a two year old cross section or (structural) drawing of the River Side Plaza with the Sky-view elevator.

I once mentioned that my MSG 5 will be one floor larger than the current MSG. Then I thought that the current MSG has real floors but I thought wrong.

https://arenadigest.com/2017/05/24/oldest-nhl-arenas-in-use/msg-1967/

https://archive.nytimes.com/cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/madison-square-garden-says-it-will-not-be-uprooted-from-penn-station/

and under construction

5 Likes

I’m certain that when the tour guide said “they are building something big” they were just referring to the overall development, not a singular project within the development (since no construction had started anywhere on the property in 2011) as once KPF and Related were chosen to develop/design the yards, 30 Hudson Yards was always planned to be the tallest tower across both the east and west railyards.

The two phases part was just referring to the east and west phases being built separate from each other as always planned.

Your structural analysis is interesting though.

2 Likes

I’d love it if they outdid themselves and made the office tower in phase 2 the tallest. But I highly doubt that. Don’t know if they even have the zoning for it.

2 Likes

What exactly do you mean by that?

quote=“TKDV, post:202, topic:21288”]
Your structural analysis is interesting though.
[/quote]

I have drawn and thought out the statics myself, I think I would have to draw some kind of floor plan.

@mcart The “West” commercial tower is only zoned for the same amount of space of 10 Hudson Yards, so considering it’s quite smaller than 30, but narrower in size than 10, it still probably wouldn’t be that tall, I think I previously compared it as being similar in height to 55 Hudson Yards. Though things will change if the resort is approved and Related/Wynn receives the gaming license, the tower may become smaller.

@Mackensen were you mentioning me in your question or mcart? :thinking: How did you come up with the overall combination of materials and layout?

2 Likes

I have you mean TKDV, I’m not online again until Tuesday.
What exactly do you mean by layout? the project has hydraulically extendable façade elements.Since I planned it on HY Phase Two it has steel columns (between the rails) and above the lobby it is all concrete structure.

1 Like

Like the arrangement and placing of columns and trusses (atleast in elevation), but you’ve semi answered part of the question now. :+1: Is this proposal a mixed use building?