Visions and designs sandbox

Inspired by a recent lovely vision design by nejcvasl for 1 park lane, thought I’d place some random sketchup designs for towers I made somewhere on YIMBY, (perhaps not appropriate, so lmk). I also had made a park lane vision! Hardly as thought out or detailed, of course. Anyway, please add yours if you would like as well. Designs to follow.

2 Likes

Ok, starting with a mega tall 2000’ tower I dubbed “Gotham Towers.” Of course, NYC needs a mega tall. The buildings sit over the entrance to Brooklyn Battery tunnel, which I capped, and replaces those ridiculous parking garages. I thought three towers would be cool, design is neo-art deco, meant to give them a Gotham feel. Could be built with the port authority?

7 Likes

1 Park Lane – inspired by the Fitzroy, which is too beautiful to stay just a little building, why not have something scaled up? This model isn’t detailed enough to do that building justice, but you get the idea.

59%20PM
21%20PM
From the Fitzroy’s renderings:
07%20PM

7 Likes

Ok, last one for today. Replacing the dumpy little buildings at the center of Times Square with something really wild. The building is 1400’ with a 400’ screen leaning out into the square, creating room for a new plaza (you have to imagine what is there disappearing). Some leaning columns are playful but prob wouldn’t be structural.
20%20PM
35%20PM

8 Likes

Holy crap this one looks cool.

2 Likes

Something of this nature would do good for the area. CP South that is.

Almost like a 200 Amsterdam like design, only closer to the park. With a touch of art-deco.

1 Like