Megatalls - Existing, Planned/Proposed, Unbuilt, Vision, etc

A place to conglomerate plans or talk about megatalls that may not have their own thread, or you just want to talk about more than one or in relation to each other, etc.

My current favorite design is the oblisco captitale vision. Frankly if this thing was built it would be my favorite skyscraper of all time.

https://idia.design/projects/oblisco-capitale/

Part of what I like about it is that it doesn’t get that much smaller at the top, like say the Burj Khalifa

Ps. Would love to see this go up in NYC

3 Likes

This thing would be a monster if it was built, and also a tourist attraction that might even rival the Burj Khalifa! :heart_eyes:

Assuming the Dubai Creek Tower and Jeddah Tower were built, the Oblisco Capitale would also rival both of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

If built to the visions height, 1000 M or 1 KM, it would be the tallest in the world. However it’s just a vision, so no plans to actually get built. If it nevers gets built here would love to se it get built in NYC.

1 Like

NYC would definitely be a tourist attraction if this was built there.

1 Like

Ha NYC is already one of the viggest tourist attractions in the world, if this was here it might be #1

1 Like

Would also rival almost every city in the world, including Dubai and Shanghai.

Amazing how a megatall could make a difference to a city :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really though I’ve only ever seen like 1 semi serious design for a megatall in NYC, and it was at the park central hotel site. And it was super, super slender. Probably even more so than 111 West 57th Street.

And it was just a vision as well, from an outside company not a developer

1 Like

Still, that site would soon be demolished regardless. And who knows we may get a supertall or, like you mentioned, even a megatall :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the shenzen hong kong international center design. It would have been the tallest building in China, and third tallest in the world.
However this will not happen anymore due to the ban.

3 Likes

Still kinda sucks that the ban was imposed due to “vanity projects”. I understand their reason (if there is) but still. But at least there’s some towers in China that are still under construction

2 Likes

This is that park central megatall vision
download (1)

(Which ofc is super blurry rip)

2 Likes

That would be a great addition near Billionaires Row :heart_eyes:

1 Like

3 Likes

Yup there they are. Thanks for the higher resolution images.

Crazy to think this would be over 200 feet taller than CPT, with the original spire. (Which I will never get over it losing)

2 Likes

Also crazy to think that it would be 200 ft taller than One WTC with the spire as well.

1 Like

If it was ever built, and reached 2,000 + ft it would be over double the height of Billionaire Row’s first supertall, One57.

1 Like

Dang, that’s crazy. And here I thought One57 was puny because of that height. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah One57 already looks tiny compared to CPT and Steinway on its flanks

1 Like

Some thought crossed my mind about what if the megatalls were in the sites of 432 Park and CPT

1 Like

Jakarta Signature Tower. Think it was a proposal but definitely not happening now. That base and crown are amazing!

3 Likes