NEW YORK | LaGuardia Airport Renovation

One amendment to that, Dulles is incredible. But thats about it.

LGA Terminal C, which is regretfully not being fully leveled, was built in 1992. So I think you need to amend your timeframe, please.

My point is that if something can be repurposed/reused, why is that an issue? in fact its a more sustainable practice instead of completely demolishing a building. i dont disagree that its ugly but a wall is a wall and im sure that it would look completely different when the project is finalized.

2 Likes

It also seems that Terminal B and the newer Terminal C won’t be connected as initially drawn up.

2 Likes

Ugly is unsustainable, thats my point. All of these projects that get built that don’t budget for aesthetics are unsustainable. “Good enough” isn’t sustainable.

“Make no small plans” - Daniel Burnham

then i will assume you are ready to cut a check for it?

1 Like

Billionaires sure have a bunch of money just sitting around doing nothing for the economy.

if we are talking about forcing them to pay their fair share in taxes then i agree, however there is a long list of infrastructure projects that should/could/would take priority over this.

2 Likes
1 Like

Here’s an in-depth walkthrough of various completed portions of the new Terminal C. This guy has been providing updates on the construction which is pretty neat.

I absolutely love the terminal’s piers from the terminal to the jetbridge with big windows permitting a nice look at the airfield when boarding.

6 Likes

Magnificent!!!

1 Like
3 Likes

https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/press-room/press-release-archives/2022-press-releases/laguardia-airport-terminal-b-selected-as-first-recipient-of-the-.html

3 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/press-room/press-release-archives/2022-press-releases/laguardia-airport-opens-final-two-gates-and-remainder-of-taxiway.html

4 Likes

Is there anymore ongoing construction going on?

The Concourse F arm of Delta’s Terminal C still need to be constructed to attach to the new headhouse, the old building needs to be torn down before this can happen. Concourse D also needs to be retrofitted to match the style of the other new concourse arms.

I believe all construction on Terminal B is complete.

4 Likes

Terminal C. There’s still gates to be built (reskinning the junky old Terminal C). Refer to this post to see the timeline of construction (we’re at basically Step 3 / Step 4 right now). They are not tearing down the remnants of the Old C, unfortunately.

For the most part, B’s basically complete.

4 Likes

I noticed the timeline maps you posted aren’t really that accurate, the timelines and some of the phasing are terribly out of touch with what actually happened (considering it shows that Concourse A at Terminal B would be completed before the older concourse wing and headhouse was demolished with a date well into 2023), they were most-likely done long before covid started. Not your fault though!

This newer map layout has a much more accurate timeline (even though also somewhat old) but only for Terminal C, which is fine since Terminal B is now completed.

5 Likes