NEW YORK | Hudson Yards Rezoned District | 43M SF

Javits Center Green Roof Cam

4 Likes

From 3.26.21:

10 Likes

13 Likes

Today:

12 Likes

Anyone know what building this is? It was hideous a year ago and they just completed a beautiful facade restoration.

9 Likes

that’s one of Amazon’s new outposts. 410 Tenth Avenue. They recently renamed it to 460 West 34th Street

3 Likes

11 Likes

This is the north phase of Bella Abzug Park. Between 36th and 37th.

15 Likes

50 HY is lamer than a “lemon party.”

Disagree strongly. When I was over there last, the towering, overwhelming blandness of The Spiral’s facade caused my eyes to glaze over. By contrast, 50 HY instantly draws the eye thanks to its attractive surface details.

As RAM Stern has said, not every building needs to be Lady Gaga. We need background buildings too and we’re lucky, in my view, when they are as attractive as 50 HY.

edit: grammar

10 Likes

I also disagree with RW. The building is not great but it is not totally bland either. The facade is sectionalized in an attractive way. The materials selected appear to be of good quality. It is better than a lot of glass boxes constructed recently and certainly outshines CPT.

9 Likes

To each his own, gents. You raise good points.

From a distance, there is a pinstripe effect on the north and southern facades of 50 HY that mimics 3WTC. It makes it look like a beefier version of that building.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1orlApdBo/

9 Likes

When will we get information about Phase 2 of Hudson Yards?

1 Like

17 Likes

Kaufman buildings are such eyesores but the views :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

There’s one of those new Kaufmans in Chelsea that sticks out so tall, the views must be insane

1 Like

Few shots I took in April:

16 Likes