Today

12 Likes
5 Likes

Photos by Tectonic

12 Likes
6 Likes

Today

14 Likes

This is understated architectural excellence that I fear will go mostly unnoticed; those subtle, refined and minimalist details require a discerning eye to fully appreciate.

The beauty is in the simple form, flat surfaces, neural color palate, and highly refined details. The costs, time, workmanship that go into setting the limestone panels precisely in place is quite costly: I hope these delays do not indicate ‘cost-cutting’ measures being taken. In this highly competitive post Covid real estate market, that is a real possibility.

This condo building is an exquisite design, and I hope it gets finalized exactly as it is pictured in the original renderings.

6 Likes

Siza is a great architect but I feel like he does much better work with small scale low rise buildings.

4 Likes

They are progressing on the facade again.

9 Likes

that’s great news!

1 Like

11 Likes
5 Likes

This is a beauty; subtle form, minimalist refined details, sublime materials. I think this guy Siza is what one would call ‘an Architects, Architect’ - as he has refined his craft so completely, the sheer beauty of what he does is beyond the notice and/or appreciation of the general public.

The marketing team for this building would be wise to borrow a famous AD line from Sy Symms: “An educated consumer, is our best customer”… :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Corcoran Sunshine takes over sales at 611 West 56th Street

Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group is expanding its sales reach from Billionaires’ Row to Architect’s Row, taking over sales at a condo tower in Hell’s Kitchen.

Corcoran will replace Compass at 611 West 56th Street, where developers Sumaida + Khurana and LENY said they opted for the change because of the group’s strong sales at nearby Waterline Square.

The 35-story tower wrapped in Perla Bianca limestone at West 56th Street and 11th Avenue is in an area sometimes called Architect’s Row for the intricate buildings that have sprung up in the neighborhood. The nearly completed building will overlook the Hudson River and feature a modern, white finish.

“We are confident they will help us finish strong,” said Amit Khurana, founding partner of Sumaida + Khurana. “Compass played an important role in launching this development, so we are grateful to them for their significant contributions to this remarkable building.”

Justin D’Adamo, head of new development at Compass Development Marketing Group, said the group was “pleased” to have represented the developers “during a challenging market,” and believe the project “will be very successful at market pricing.”

4 Likes
1 Like