Imgur

On Graham Hart | Flickr

10 Likes

From yesterday

5 Likes

this tower is so beautiful…the cladding is a masterpiece

2 Likes

Just take note, this is my announcement:

These renderings and information are not to be posted on SSP and SSC or any other forum.

M. Mackensen

5 Likes

Stunning, especially at street level. And I’m so glad they scrapped the corner balconies.

1 Like

Those huge arched windows… wow.

3 Likes

It’s giving a Regency revival vibe. :+1:

2 Likes

After review, use the city realty link to access the rendering as there have been concerns of the reference. Use link to access. Further KPG link does not show depicted renderings and were removed.

As for schematics, acceptable source will be any NYC DOB documents made public via the DOB Bin for the project. At least for posting on YIMBY forums.

220px-Achtung.svg

5 Likes

Wow…

This is a massive, beautifully designed curtain wall system. I think a simple comparison with a more basic (and perfectly fine) unitized curtain wall design will help to illustrate the difference.

This photo shows a much more ‘basic’ curtain wall panel…

Compare those amazingly massive curtain wall units at 520 5th with this more ‘basic’ curtain wall.

We can not expect this same level of quality on all buildings: but this is something special going on over at 520 5th.

Bravo to the facade designers, engineers, architects, fabricators, installers… :star_struck:

11 Likes

From today

All from last Sunday

This is already pretty skinny

23 Likes

Earthcam-11.23.23

9 Likes

21 Likes

I was in that exact area earlier today lol! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Taken 11/25/2023

19 Likes