NEW YORK | 520 5th Ave | 1,000 FT | 76 FLOORS

18 Likes

14 Likes

Imgur

On https://www.flickr.com/photos/thewallpart5/

14 Likes

The mullions for the beautiful arched storefronts went up in recent weeks.

26 Likes

17 Likes

Such a classy facade.

25 Likes

Went to the city yesterday like a maniac to see the tree with the wife. Amidst the human wave of folks moving 2 cm a second on the street… a beautiful tower!

26 Likes

Reminds me of https://www.metro-manhattan.com/buildings/366-fifth-avenue/

1 Like

Pretty building. Yes it was hell yesterday trying to get to my apartment. I’ve never seen so many tourists in Hell’s Kitchen blocking the street in my life lol

2 Likes

It was. This is probally the busiest I’ve seen it in recent memory. Even before the pandemic, in 2019, it was not as hectic and stampede inducing. I mean my goodness, was a madhouse. Even Herald Square, pushing and shoving. Was a fight for every inch. Funny thing is even with the open streets, they didn’t help lol… they did not help. :joy:

Penn Station was on a different level as well. It was like everyone in the metro area decided to visit lol. My girl was like, Chris… you should drive in… I’m like what are you out of your mind lol. Folks blocking the street, and cars blocking the box.

Cars, people and aerosol Covid… ah… the experience! :beers:

The train I was on, might as well been the disease express. Folks coughing up a storm lol.

13 Likes

My family drove in despite my insistence on taking the train. Be glad you didn’t and instead took the train. The Lincoln tunnel traffic was abysmal, and even approaching the exit off the turnpike to get to the tunnel I watched several trains glide into the North River tunnels while we barely moved 100 feet at the toll booth getting off the turnpike. Once in the city, the traffic was such a nightmare with intersections being blocked by cars and it was so bad that cops in many areas were directing traffic to keep some semblance of order. Then comes the challenge of finding a parking garage that’s within reasonable distance to where we were going, not full and then paying upwards of 74 dollars to park. Not fun.

I also certainly can attest to the pushing and shoving and being pushed as well. My god I’ve never experienced crowding in the city like that in any of my visits.

4 Likes

There is no longer a compulsory vaccination (Covid 19). Travel to the USA

This is not a spam.

Good, glad they’re not forcing it anymore.

But back to the building…this one is a beauty.

edited to be less political

Yup me neither. So I took the subway instead and got cursed out horribly by an EDP.

New York City, I love…

And this building. What a beauty. Let’s get back to it!

4 Likes

Still not much new to see from the north side…

23 Likes

There probably wont ever be anything new on the north side the duration of construction since the core extends all the way up on the north side, it will of course be clad in false windows though as we’ve seen in one or two renders.

7 Likes

Too bad because there are a lot of blank wall aficionados in the forum. Seriously, excited to see how a class act does them ( like Steinway Tower for example).

3 Likes

Love the sun during this time of year when it’s so far south in our sky. It makes for great photos. For a few months, you get this special light that is not as bright as summer and cast shadows in wonderful ways. Nice pics!

11 Likes

Agreed. Usually you’re freezing but I was at Top of the Rock again on New Years Day and it was downright balmy.

3 Likes

23 Likes