NEW YORK | 520 5th Ave | 1,000 FT | 76 FLOORS

22 Likes

Many more panels being installed

17 Likes

Im still trying to get a hold of what’s going on with the panels. I now think the terracotta parts are running behind schedule for manufacturing but Suffolk didn’t want to wait for them so they decided to just start putting the panels up, but the framing around the windows is also not the final framing (and no there is no protective covering on them). The middle and side portions of the frame have the same profile and color, as they appear on the panels up now they do not. The colleague I know working on the project has been out so I haven’t been able to ask them.

I’ll upload my photos from yesterday in a few hours.

EDIT

As you can see, not protective wrapping on the border frame around the windows, which definitely will also not have tens of hundreds of screw heads visible… And the protective wrapping that there is on the initial panels that went up, you can still see the white behind it. The only thing final about these panels is literally the glass, the vertical column pieces, and the spandrels.

18 Likes

16 Likes

Looks like the second crane was being installed over the weekend

8 Likes

I just want to point out that there are no terracotta details that have been installed on the facade yet as the article states, its all still aluminum.

Also

The 1,000-foot-tall architectural height will make 520 Fifth Avenue the tallest residential building along Fifth Avenue upon completion, though it may relinquish this title if Extell’s nearby Diamond District development at 570 Fifth Avenue proceeds with its proposed 78-story hotel and residential scheme, which would reach a height of 1,101 feet. The alternate plan for this project is a 860-foot-tall, 47-story office skyscraper.

The latter half of this statement is false, this will still be the tallest resi along 5th Ave. The taller version of 570 5th was never the front runner, it was never decided whether one would be the alt vs the other, let alone that both figures are outdated.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwiNA6HOpYi/?img_index=10

16 Likes

17 Likes

I’m fairly certain that the building is stepping back again, its passed the first 4 setbacks of the tower portion.

2 Likes

Are we going to have another 57 Leonard situation with ungainly windows?

1 Like

@stache what exactly do you mean?

12 Likes

First of Antonio’s photos.

15 Likes

What is the steel structure extending the ground floor onto West Forty-third Street?

For the elevator?

1 Like

starting to climb into view

14 Likes

They installed some of the full arched window panels on the west shear wall, ill try to get some photos in the morning tomorrow and post them. And as I mentioned previously they already passed the second set of setbacks, so as the floor plates get progressively smaller and smaller the speed should pickup even more than it already has.

8 Likes

The reason these arches are being installed and not those on the podium are because these are metal, the ones on the podium are terracotta. They are looking very nice though!

36 Likes

oh this is gonna be spectacular

8 Likes

31 Likes