NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 981 FT | 58 FLOORS

Yes and Coach’s current HQ will come down too.

1 Like

Jan 11, 2016

Here’s the north part of the site, including the current Coach HQ

Here’s the south part of the site (and obviously, 30 HY)

4 Likes

This would be nice!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-13/blackrock-said-to-be-in-market-for-new-headquarters-in-new-york

2 Likes

Related Companies closed on a Far West Side McDonald’s for $152.3 million, a deal that allows the developer to build a 62-story tower at 50 Hudson Yards.

The developer is planning to tear down the fast-food restaurant, which is located at 427 Tenth Avenue on the corner of 34 Street in the heart of its Hudson Yards district, although no demolition permits have officially been filed yet.

The properties in the assemblage include 413 Tenth Avenue (for TK million) and 507 West 33rd Street (for TK million), and the corner lot McDonald’s lot was the final parcel the developer needed to build a mixed-use project that could reportedly span up to 3.3 million square feet.

2 Likes

3.3 million sqft? This tower is gonna be huge!

The suspense is killing me for the official design of this tower; so far I’ve had mixed views on the multiple concepts on what we’ve seen so far. I wouldn’t actually mind a simple boxy tower to reflect 55HY across the road, simple yet classy, it will add some serious scale to the already massive development as well as contrasting against the slightly more elaborate designs of 10, 30 and 15HY.

Hi, Stig

50 HY has 2.3m SF.

Tishman’s Spire site across the street has 3m SF.

1 Like

Wait. The Real Deal is now reporting that 50 HY is 3.3m SF. I wonder if Related’s prior 2.3m SF figure did not include the McD’s site.

4 Likes

Yea, I didn’t realize until Stig brought it up. I agree, It appears they did not include the McD’s assemblage in their HY phase 1 & 2 info chart.

Now with 3.3m!!! This could be a monster.

3 Likes

I concur!

Something gargantuan I hope. This will need one hell of a design.
What are we looking at as far as the dimensions of this site? Can we expect a nice broad tower a la 30 Hudson?

Jan 27, 2016

3 Likes

I must admit, you’re definetly dedicated in providing us with updates, braving the cold over there!

Thanks, Stig! It’s not that cold today. (It’s about 8 deg Centigrade.)

Will CNN move to Hudson Yards?
http://hudsonyardies.com/will-cnn-move-to-hudson-yards/

CNN is about to shut down all its operations in Atlanta and move to Hudson Yards – or maybe not.

On Sunday, anonymous sources told the New York Post’s Page Six that CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker “wants CNN out of Atlanta and completely in New York,” and that CNN staff members “are buzzing” about a move to Hudson Yards.

The network itself refused to comment on the rumors.

1 Like

Tremendous news! Hope it happens!

1 Like

There have been tons of Asian businessmen in the little tenement on this site where Related gives presentations. Remember that Samsung was looking for 1m sf in NYC!

Robert, as per The Real Deal, Facebook is also looking for 500,000 sf!

Only in NY!

1 Like

Facebook poking around for space in a brand-new office tower:

Internet giant seeking equally large space for growing New York

Hopefully they look here, The Spiral or 3 Hudson Blvd

Great news, Lion and VG. I hope that they sign on at 50 HY or the Girasole!

Only in NY!

Feb 26th

1 Like