NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 1,011 FT | 58 FLOORS

12 Likes

14 Likes

03/15/19 4:37PM

10 Likes

10 Likes

14 Likes

Wow 30 HY must have its invisibility cloak on in the last pic. I get why they did it but come on.

3 Likes

In a way you’re right we should be able to see 30 HY through the glass on the South side of the building.

BUT- 50 and 10 HY rise from ground level almost without setback on their Eastern elevation. In an effort to balance views 30 does the opposite, rising with no setbacks on the Western elevation. Beyond the large podium 30 becomes a much narrower tower that ‘leans’/sets back to the West.

image from google search credit erica maganti

4 Likes

Hmm yeah I suppose you’re right. I was just thinking if it was intentional, why even show 10 HY.

It’s likely the angle like you mentioned.

1 Like

Robert I know you hate this building but damn does sure that facade look good. It’s a shame that they’ll really go all out when it comes to this building and just a mere 150 feet away you’re gonna have 3 Hudson which I feel like is going to be the joke of the whole complex.

1 Like

Why are they still stating the 985 feet height?

1 Like

There’s a lot of misinformation out there in real estate journalism.

This article came out 3 days ago and mentions this tower has 77 floors lol.

I can’t remember the last time I read/watched an article/video that mentions the number of actual floors (slab to slab) in the buildings they are reporting on.

3 Likes

He may have blocked this thread from his news feed entirely :smile:

But I agree. While the overall design is nothing to write home about, the facade and interiors of 50 look stunning. Meanwhile 3HB was a giant tease and now we’ll have this boring glass box and a reminder of what could’ve been

7 Likes

Remember also how excited we all got when there was the tease rendering of a potential 2000(?) foot tall tower at the Spire site?

7 Likes

Tower crane going in today

9 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv4uxumHwT1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=64ogmtxklygn
Crane going up

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwGbzj9htnE/

11 Likes

14 Likes

Nice shots but most are of the Spiral

1 Like

Spiral has the 2 white cranes, 50 HY has the dark blue crane

4 Likes

Isn’t this one also the spiral?

1 Like