NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Boulevard | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS

Title changed to: NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Boulevard | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS

Back to super tall status.

8 Likes

High Res Rendering:

(2000x1333)
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/cre-3hb-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

9 Likes

How am I like simultaneously excited but not for this building. Always nice to have a super tall but geez.

2 Likes

The facade reminds me of those ugly mid century black boxes on park ave like 270, etc

1 Like

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/cre-3hb-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200
The one posted seems lower quality, here

2 Likes

Its just nice in general to see expensive chunks of mass going up… bland buildings that are cheap (cough cough KAUFMAN) are painful but so long as it won’t look offensive i dont mind a boring one here or there

3 Likes

Its the forum system. Sometimes it’ll shrink things. Ughghg,

If you go on SSP, the one I posted is the full res version.

1 Like

Cropped out the rubbish and just the tower. A closer look.

6 Likes

Its like Foster Lite

1 Like

Foster-lite is a compliment.

This is really bland: Its a Kaufman office building more or less; at least its a big enough site that we don’t see any core/shear walls.

We can hope for the best with the glass because otherwise its an unexciting box that pales when compared to something like 4 WTC.

This looks like an uninspired effort from the early 2000’s. Like Times Square Tower without the X bracing.

1 Like

The glass sounds like it’s going to be super high end because they will apparently be able to adjust the tint depending on sunlight… to me high quality building materials will make it a tier above Kaufman

2 Likes

I kinda like it! :slight_smile:

Credit: bxpbostonproperties

14 Likes

Today

12 Likes

Are there any sites in the HY area that could sport a megatall?

2 Likes

Maybe the Javits Center, but that’s not going anywhere anytime soon. I’ve accepted it as a necessary venue for a place like Hudson Yards. Before it was in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

Hang on, the renderings from Jersey show the setbacks facing NJ. But the rendering from out front 50 HY shows the setbacks facing The Spiral. Are the setbacks on both sides or is this an error

1 Like

I think that it looks great.

1 Like

Yah wow I hadn’t seen that angle from the Hudson before. If they keep that night lighting, I all of a sudden like this building very much

4 Likes

Would be great if this ended up like 300 N La Salle in Chicago

1 Like

I like this even better for that, though 300 N LaSalle is a pretty awesome building for a basic box. Chicago’s office towers over the past ten years have basically all been pretty mundane boxes, but they’ve come out nicely.

1 Like