NEW YORK | 255 West 34th Street | 397 FT | 33 FLOORS

It looks like they are using twice the amount of the concrete needed per floor…

1 Like

There are beams and raised sills above and below each floor that do give that appearance, but I wouldn’t understand what is taking them so long for this floor since it’s just another regular floor, or even generally, what on earth is taking them so long for the whole building.

1 Like

I pass by here everyday. There have been no construction crews for a few months now. Must be a stop-work order I guess.

1 Like

Who’s the developer? Maybe he ran into financial problems.

1 Like

Workers were on site in October per an image from JC_Heights and the building “has” grown like 2 floors the past few months, so I don’t know if there would be a stop work order in that case if there is still activity on site even if not apparent.

@robertwalpole It’s the Chetrit Group, so I can’t imagine that the reason would be stemming from financial problems

1 Like

That’s right. I now recall that it’s Chetrit.

They’re planning a Weight Watchers clinic - :laughing:

1 Like

This explains it…

7 Likes

welp.

1 Like

2 Likes
1 Like

Lol

11 Likes

I hope the developers of the site on the corner of 8th and 34th get the one story McDonald’s out of shot to the left.

6 Likes

Via NYC Walking Show - July 25, 2023

Credit: NYC Walking Show

2 Likes

Repeating myself but I’m crazy :crazy_face: about New Yorker hotel building.

2 Likes

Love that new plaza that’s opened up!

I actually hope the [now closed] Duane Reade site or the site of the rooftop Mexican restaurant next door is never developed! The plaza is a nice open-air area to enjoy the surrounding density. We don’t need to canyon-ize it imo.

3 Likes

Yes, nice to see some outdoor seating in this area. Good development together with Manhattan West.

In this area, you exit a gorgeous Moynihan station and look left to only think you are in some third world country. The area is terrible, I wish the tower would do a better job covering the eyesore brown buildings behind them. Also the POS to the right of this tower should have come down

I have no news on this stalled site, but the vacant building next door has been sold in foreclosure.

1 Like