NEW YORK | 255 West 34th Street | 397 FT | 33 FLOORS

I was wondering about this one, looks to be about 2/3 the way up, I don’t know why the article says it’s nearing the halfway point, it’s definitely past that.

Even though this and the boring little building next to it are nicer than what was previously there with the odd mix of low-rises, it’s a pity the lots couldn’t be assembled to make an actual cohesive building, including the corner lot, which I believe still doesn’t have plans, but it’s owned by Vornado so hopefully the development looks nice.

May I please ask what is going to be built street level on eight avenue? There seems to be a sizeable lot that is undeveloped to left of the completed box building. Hopefully it covers the filth behind it

They have taken over 7 months to go 9 floors. Ugh

5 Likes

The building should be finished in another 7 months since they have 13 more floors to go, lol.

I also just realized that this thread is addressed as the small building next door to the west, this tower is the 255 address so I edited it.

@Exodias there are no plans for the corner lot that Vornado owns yet. But it’s zoned for about 100,000 sqft, so a hotel might just be built there as well.

1 Like

Thank you TKDV

They need to hurry and finish it up for it to be torn down and replaced with a supertall in a few years.

1 Like

The construction site as viewed from One Penn Plaza.

This photo is by Andres Kudacki (The New York Times).

2 Likes

6 Likes

Was this taken recently? They’ve only added one floor since @JC_Heights’ photo over a month ago!

yeah, taken on Sunday. If you look at my filenames they should contain the correct date, however…on Monday I noticed that was in fact a day off ever since a trip I took a little over a month ago. But yeah not moving very fast here.

1 Like

Egh, what’s one day lol, I just can’t believe that it’s going so slow considering the floor plates are not that big, a floor a month for a building of this size is crazy. It’s still got 10 floors to go, it’ll top out next July at this rate. They need to get the folks at 100 Flatbrush Ave to work on this project.

2 Likes

We’re running out of sand! :crazy_face:

Earlier today

6 Likes

Wow, we’re finally getting somewhere… added 1 floor in about 3 weeks!

3 Likes

8 Likes

It does now indeed seem like they are going at a steady speed of 3 weeks per floor compared to your Aug 17th update as only 3 floors have been added since then (which is incredibly slow still for the size of the floor plates).

1 Like

I love the NYorker building. It’s so under appreciated.

6 Likes

I agree. It’s magnificent. That whole stretch of 8th, like 7th, has gorgeous old buildings that just need TLC.

I Ike the New Yorker’s lobby too.

7 Likes

6 Likes

This thing is never going to finish, it hasn’t moved in a month.

1 Like