NEW YORK | 1 & 2 Manhattan West | 995 + 935 FT | 67 + 56 FLOORS

Looking back, the construction elevator came off of 1 MW in August 2019, and the lights were first tested in August 2021. Hopefully it doesn’t take two years

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnw-mGuoS7i/

17 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoI7_MGrjoS/

20 Likes

Well that was extremely fast, maybe the fastest lighting installation ever even though it’s not completed.

8 Likes

On a sunny day.

16 Likes

Wait is that 2 MW lighting up? I just thought that was a reflection of 1 MW’s lights.

The second image is just of One MW, but the other 2 do show partial lighting at Two MW, the front portion of the building wouldn’t be able to reflect the light off of its sibling from that vantage point because it is farther forward then it. And based off of perspective only 1 MW would be able to reflect light coming from 2 MW because its taller.

2 Likes

Makes sense. I cannot wait to see the pictures of these two with matching color schemes.

2 Likes

Wow that was so fast, I’m guessing they learnt from the first tower on how to get the lighting right. Glad we don’t have to wait several years lol

2 Likes

It’s such a shame One MW’s lights are partially blown out. It’s only been a few years and some LED’s are blown out.

1 Like

The broken led’s are annoying, but I’m more annoyed by the part of the lights where the angled lights meet the vertical ones on each tower and it makes an odd triangular space between them, a element that could not be avoided.

2 Likes

Seems like they saw my comment from January and said “lets beat that projection”

2 Likes

I can see 2MW testing lights tonight. Was a solid red earlier and now they are doing a chasing pattern.

4 Likes

18 Likes

The reflection of the spiral fits perfectly on MW2

11 Likes

I like this pair. Though glass buildings are getting boring these two have sensual shapes and gently sloping walls. As a pair they work off each other beautifully.

11 Likes

Credit: GaryHershorn

17 Likes

20 Likes

2 MW’s crown was on and testing a cool pattern.

16 Likes

20 Likes