NEW YORK | 1 & 2 Manhattan West | 995 + 935 FT | 67 + 56 FLOORS

The Harold Square cam has become sentient and is occasionally looking up towards 2MW.

13 Likes

I’m sure they pivoted to that angle for Manhattanhenge. Nice shot of 34th street.

4 Likes

That makes way more sense.

2 Likes

Via: mr.martillo_6

11 Likes

10 Likes

I’m very much interested in seeing how the plaza/ set of stairs leading to this tower (2 MW) turns out as it seems there are a great deal of steps.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for construction to be 100% done on these. Right in between HY and Penn Station, the plaza is gonna be popping.

Not to mention the future HY 2, Penn Station Towers, and the highline connection which are just going to completely transform this area

2 Likes

Well even just removing the giant construction shed between the two towers is practically going to change the entire feeling of the plaza, I’m sure some people thought it was permanent just because how decorated it was from the Citrovia installation.

3 Likes

The theater will open on September 21, 2022.

4 Likes

10 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChXd_NsO9Tj/

8 Likes

I really like this particular perspective of 1 & 2 MW. From here, the newer building appears to be the same (or slightly taller in) height as its twin, despite it being ~60ft shorter. With the tapered sides, it makes for a really cool effect!

2 Likes

These towers are also very handsome coming down 10th Avenue from Hells Kitchen.
SOM always does very buttoned-up, clean work.

16 Likes

I honestly like these two a lot. Simple but elegant.

I like that they aren’t the same height but I wish the gap was smaller

3 Likes

15 Likes

Credit: The Dronalist

12 Likes

That shot and the lighting is awesome!!! New York is screaming “come back” to me and it hurts

3 Likes
5 Likes

I’m not surprised that companies are wanting to relocate their operations to a number of new midtown locations simply because the older office spaces don’t really cut it anymore.

I’m still very much excited to see the shed fully come down so people can look up directly between the two buildings. That will make for great photo opportunities.

5 Likes