JERSEY CITY | 35 Cottage St | 319 FEET | 27 FLOORS

This one probably won’t start for a while, but I saw someone started a thread for 26-28 Van Reipen, so I’ll make a thread for this one too.

27 floors–2 floors of office, 24 floors of apartments, and a synagogue and a daycare on the ground floor.

All three are part of the Homestead Place extension (which will also include another two 27-story towers). 26-28 Cottage St has already broken ground.

4 Likes

All 3 of these are nice designs. Way better than expected.

3 Likes

agreed. just too bad about the PTACs

3 Likes

Today Nov 17th 2022
Preparing for demolition

7 Likes

I guess it’s been prepping for demolition for a while. They did finally pull the permits this week

6 Likes

Demo-ed

Edit: Replaced with correct pic

5 Likes

That photo is not 35 Cottage St, that’s on Newkirk & Baldwin…

1 Like

Whoops, wrong photo…

Still, it was demo-ed

1 Like

Speaking of Baldwin, whatever happened to 180 Baldwin Ave? Last updated photo was from 3 years ago.

No movement on that site. It was sold a few years ago and nothing since.

The Baldwin and Newark site doesn’t have any action currently either, although there have been some demo permits filed.

I’ve walked by 180 Baldwin a few times now. I’ve seen a poster on site with owner info and Dvora’s name is on there. So I think it’s been leased or sold to them now. Dvora is involved with a few finished projects downtown. 175 2nd being the most recent. Perhaps this is next? An entire row of houses directly across the street have now been emptied out. So that’s something to keep an eye on as well.

2 Likes

Just spotted a new rendering on Namdar’s website for this! They must be expecting to build it soon. It looks like they will really fill out Homestead with a row of highrises leading from Journal Squared.

(Source: Select Properties — Namdar Group)

This is the only render I can find, and checking the architecture’s firm they used for other Homestead projects (C3D), I can’t find anything more on it.

9 Likes

Rumor has it they’re going to start construction on 35 Cottage St in spring. They’re redesigning the base to have more masonry.

5 Likes

First piles are in the ground (and the orange pile is for a different building which will also go up soon—29 Cottage St!)

8 Likes

As this one gets closer to real construction, here are the changes to the base. Limestone being added around the synagogue and school/day-care entries. Should actually look nice, I don’t think these renderings really do justice to what limestone looks like.

6 Likes

I think they were testing how much weight the piles can bear today?

6 Likes

Construction permit for the foundation issued today :+1:

5 Likes