JERSEY CITY | 26-28 Van Reipen Ave | 315 FT | 27 FLOORS

27 story tower 26-28 Van Reipen Ave

5 Likes

there is a cantilever over a small wooden house

2 Likes

This is part of the Homestead Place extension along with 35 Cottage St and 26-28 Cottage St.

Renderings for all three towers are here:

1 Like

Bumping this because they’ve filed building permits for this one so it looks like it’s coming soon (oddly they misfiled as 28 Van Reypen Street instead of 28 Van Reipen Ave)
https://www.sdlportal.com/towns/nj/hudson/jerseycity/building/permits/160369

BTW, the cantilever doesn’t really go over the house, it’s an optical illusion! See the floor plans for the ground floor and 4th-22nd floors below…the building doesn’t go over the property line.

5 Likes

Namdar has at least four tower sites at Homestead Pl (28 Cottage, 25 Cottage, 28 Van Reypen, and 618 Pavonia) plus 626 Newark and 97 Newkirk.

1 Like

They pulled permits today. Worker on site told me the plan on breaking ground soon.

6 Likes

I could swear they pulled them earlier and then put the project on hold, but it does seem the permits have been pulled today (again?)

They had applied for them before (in October), and they were approved/ready for pickup, but didn’t pull them.

Believe me, I keep track of these things religiously!

I should mention that since I abandoned my new building permits thread on here (sorry) I started posting all new residential building permits on this Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/JC_permits

3 Likes

Very useful - I follow the website, but not as religiously as you apparently.

Speaking of permits, another one in the same block got some permits today as well (demo permits though) - the only project on the “Homestead Place Assemblage” that isn’t Namdar’s, 11-29 Cottage Street.

1 Like

They were working yesterday. Might just be for the construction across the st though?

4 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes
1 Like

Today.

7 Likes

topped off (tower on the right, peeking behind the houses)

7 Likes

Whole area gonna look unrecognizable by 2030

2 Likes