WHITE PLAINS | Development News

I walked past Mamaroneck & E Post today. It appeared that State Farm is still doing business from the location. The neighboring portions of the building on Mamaoneck seemed vacant.

in other news…lots of activity.

4 Likes

Good update, Yim.

The N B’Way facade off AT&T looks great, but the Hamilton Ave facade makes it look like a housing project.

1 Like

I can’t wait for this. All of that junk between E Post Rd and Don Coqui looks terrible.

This crap on Westchester Ave across from the mall will be developed too.

It would be nice if the Chrysler dealer moves.

1 Like

Meanwhile, in Scarsdale, a new 18,000 sf mansion is rising. It is being built with a steel frame.

2/11

This one is progressing.

5 Likes

Hey Robert, Can you re attach the links for the Westchester Ave development?

1 Like

Hi, Tower.

I was referring to the vacant junk in between the burger place and the Chrysler dealer.

1 Like

these were, apparently, the plans in 2015. I haven’t heard much since then. This is from a community run (read: NIMBY) online newspaper, but they do bring up some good points in regards to this development. I posted rendering awhile back, but they appear to have vanished.

http://whiteplainscnr.com/2015/06/13/the-letter-ticker-downtown-resident-challenges-compatibility-of-the-collection/

I took these quick shots about a year back.

3 Likes

Thanks, Yim.

That would be an amazing site for any project since it’s across from the Westchester and a short walk to Whole Foods, etc.

1 Like

65 Lake Street | 6 Floors | Senior Housing

3 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

I hope this crap comes down soon.

It would be great if they develop the adjacent car dealer too.

Here’s the area from the top of the hill by the mall.

1 Like

Just to the south in Scarsdale, a recently completed mansion.

The majestic downtown.

3 Likes

I was wondering why they haven’t torn down that mall yet.

1 Like

3/10

5 Likes

New limestone mansion rising down the road in Scarsdale.

6 Likes

This development is being called “The Broadstone” Here is the environmental impact review: the tallest tower will be 179’. The second building will be 173’ and the third will be 78’

http://cityofwhiteplains.com/DocumentCenter/View/2200

2 Likes

Great scoop, Yim.

I hoped that they’d acquire all of the crap on Mamaroneck Ave between State Farm and Don Coqui.

1 Like

Thats all going to be incremental WP needs to over haul parking and Transit before a full upzone and reconstruction of Mamaroneck can happen.

2 Likes

Nearby in Scarsdale

3 Likes

Getting ready for demo at the former Wrstchester Pavillion!

5 Likes