The Philadelphia Skyline Photo Collection

You can also search for the publisher Philadelphia Postcard Co. they published the postcard. Maybe they have an online archive about their postcards.

For me, postcards printed after 1950 are modern, everything before that is old (historical).

2 Likes

One Liberty Place spire repaint

Two Liberty Place lights off (hopefully for restoration)

2 Likes

Today

7 Likes

One Liberty Place before completion

Photo by Lawrence S. Williams

4 Likes

GREAT shot! I found the same image in the internet, but at a very low resolution
libertyp
What book did you find this in?

3 Likes

Floor-Plan

The book is entirely in Japanese except for the contents page, I photographed all the material about the Liberty Place project.

3 Likes

Still a very excellent find! That high res construction shot is something special. I want to get the Liberty Place and Philly content in all of my books scanned to keep a true digital copy. The photos I posted look like digital copies because I edited them to look that way, they’re actually shots of the books from my camera

2 Likes

2Liberty-7
This image of Two Liberty Place under construction is one I’ve been wanting to find in full resolution. I previously theorized that the image came from the Engineering News Record, but with confirmation that the photographer of the low res shot is Matt Wargo (the photographer who took this photograph)

I believe the source is from somewhere else. The low res shot is taken from the same perspective as the full Liberty Place shot. Now I believe this image came from an A+U book or magazine published in 1989 or shortly after.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Fantastic Phillies game last night!

3 Likes

Philadelphia skyline by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Philadelphia skyline by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Blood Moon from Cherry Hill, NJ by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Blood Moon and the Philadelphia skyline by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Blood Moon and the Philadelphia skyline (photoshopped) by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

3 Likes

A stamp block with selected Philadelphia buildings they appeared in 1989.

2 Likes

The Laurel Rittenhouse crown lighting (photoshop) by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

6 Likes

https://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/the-philadelphia-skyline-photo-collection/16863/192?u=tk2000

Just want to let everyone know, many times throughout this year I’ve been trying to get to the top of City Hall. But it’s been closed since covid, like One Liberty Observation Deck. However it’s confirmed One Liberty Observation Deck isn’t coming back, nothing for City Hall as of now.

Update, I called the Visitors Center. They have interior tours of City Hall still taking place, but they still don’t know when the observation deck will open

Dang, that sucks. It’s because of covid still right?

1 Like

Correct, I would imagine the same with City Hall since they had cheaper prices

1 Like

Citizens Bank Park’s scoreboard is being renovated for a screen that is 77% larger

4 Likes

3 Likes

Just a few floor plans and a black and white rendering of the Liberty Place Complex.

Fifth floor plan

First floor plan

Ground floor plan

By Helmut Jahn

3 Likes

Tonight (01/07/2023)

5 Likes