Skyscrapers and skylines in popular culture (Cite your sources)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW0h2xpIOrO/

2 Likes

There’s two lovely shots of Midtown shot from the east is Spider-Man No Way Home

1 Like

From the upcoming film called Westworld Season 4 (2022)

Source: WESTWORLD Season 4 Trailer (2022) - YouTube

3 Likes

A lot of these towers would be baseline in what I would have in New York. Even the Expanse doesn’t entirely get how much sharper it would look.

1 Like

Imagine if those skyscrapers were to come in fruition, not to mention the towers along side the Jersey shore line :smiley:

1 Like

Fortress of Spires.

2 Likes

One Liberty Place in Justice League (2017). One World Trade Center is also seen, but manipulated

3 Likes

The Manhattan Skyline in Fleishman Is In Trouble (2022)

Ironic how they chopped a huge chunk of 432 Park, Steinway Tower, and CPT, yet they kept One Vanderbilt, One 57, and Tower Verre at their full height.

2 Likes

Started watching “The Expanse”.

NYC in The Expanse.

Credit: reddit

5 Likes

So at some point in the future NYC stole San Francisco’s Transamerica Pyramid? :rofl:

5 Likes

Funnily enough, it isn’t the first time the Pyramid has appeared in NY in a television show! From the TV series Fringe:

Here, it appears as an alternate universe/timeline version of New York (where,among other things, the Twins are still standing and Gaudí’s Hotel Attraction got built).

5 Likes

Aside from making an appearance it also looks like it’s over or about 2 times taller than it really is in The Expanse. lol

2 Likes

Transformers Rise of the Beasts trailer
Modern and 90’s skyline thrown into one. You can see Goldman Sachs and 45 Park Place…while of course the twin towers are here

5 Likes

In Tina Turner’s music video “What’s Love Got to Do With It?”, the a clip of the Twin Towers in its glory with the Financial District skyline can be seen. RIP Tina Turner

4 Likes

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game
One World Trade Center and Chrysler Building were originally in the first game, but were cut out before release due to copyright I believe

2 Likes

“Gotham” in the opening of The Flash. Midtown inserted into the shot seems to be taken from the WNYC Transmitter Park, yet looks similar to shots from the NE. 111 West 57th is erased but can still partially be seen, CPT is in the center of the shot

4 Likes

Philadelphia in Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (2013)

The placement of the buildings are all out of whack, along with the perspective of the mission. But I will say the buildings do look good for the game

A screenshot from Robocop 2. The movie takes place in Detroit, yet is shot in Houston. However, what caught my eye was a model of the Bank of the Southwest Tower…and other towers in Houston. The movie was shot from Fall 1989-1990…yet the Bank of the Southwest Tower was cancelled by 1982. They must’ve loved the design so much they physically put it in a movie…awesome

Screenshot source:

11:57

2 Likes

Vought Tower from The Boys TV show

6 Likes

Stan Edgar would approve

1 Like

I always enjoyed the way that the 2008-2013 TV series Fringe uses the Manhattan skyline, and particularly the World Trade Center, to move the plot forward:

Though never explicitly mentioned, the show’s megacorporation Massive Dynamic is seen headquartered in 7WTC, even specifically enough to include a CGI 7WTC for a scene filmed in Vancouver:

And the alternate-universe plot scenes are often introduced by the Twin Towers still standing (and the Statue of Liberty cleaned of its patina):

5 Likes