Commerz Bank Tower

Per: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/construction--22025485651418794/

7 Likes

These two images perfectly show the original 70’s design and the final design
portman5

Marriot Marquis

https://old.skyscraper.org/EXHIBITIONS/TIMES_SQUARE/portman.php

6 Likes

Interestingly enough, it didn’t change that much, but for the cylindrical addition in the front and the terraces being closed off. And those strange seemingly random side openings being closed off.

2 Likes

I absolutely love architectural models and perspective drawings of skyscraper proposals from that era, those are beautiful examples! I love the Marquis as built, I find it very cool and unique.

4 Likes

Can you merge this thread with this one?

No, because this thread is about old renders and construction photos…

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JoshLipnik/status/1236070500964667393?s=20&t=STFEt5XkNbmIupZXzzMHKg

A old Rendering

3 Likes

Me as well. I’ve hunted for many photos of architectural models of Philly towers and buildings in other cities. Architectural models is a hobby I would absolutely love to do. My first time seeing architectural models in person was at The Skyscraper Museum in Lower Manhattan in August 2015. The original model of the twin towers, a wind test model of the top of One World Trade Center, the outrigger model of the unfinished Shanghai World Financial Center, and many MANY more fueled my hobby. I remember back in my Freshman year (2015-2016) my shop class with Mr. Dean was fantastic, and we drew floorplans of a house with accuracy. I even still have the floor plan to this day! On top of the drawing, we built a foam core house using our plans, and my teacher specifically mentioned that this is also how they do models of skyscrapers. Also, just a month after I started freshman year I joined Yimby Forums, an awesome get-away from my worst year of high school.

Thank you for being an awesome community. Even though I hate the internet, its like a little internet family that I literally check everyday.

4 Likes

One Liberty Place

1986 (model made in early 1985)

4 Likes

03/29/2013

08/28/2013

05/22/2013

Conceptual drawings for the Comcast Technology Center

Source: Building the Future - Brian L. Roberts - YouTube

4 Likes

Dated 28 June 1930. A full-colour sixty story terracotta skyscraper, meant to become New York’s greatest Art Deco building with a nod to the Mayan temples of ancient, Mexico, this was the dream of architect William Bergen Chalfant for Amos Parrish & Co.

MESSY NESSY

4 Likes

Well… that’s certainly something different, I wonder where the proposal was for. It says Fifth Ave, but I wonder where on fifth, the building on the left looks like a part of one of the Rockefeller Center buildings.

1 Like

I find that to be an odd question because the 2 threads are clearly distinctly different from each other.

This thread is about old renders and pictures of construction

The other thread is about visionary and cancelled projects as their titles include.

The two threads seem to sometimes be mixed with each other but, I’d personally say that this thread (while also being about construction photos) is about old renders of buildings that exist already and not buildings that were cancelled. I think iterations of a building fit into this category because it shows evolution and not necessarily that it was not real like a visionary project or a cancelled project.

The other thread should be strictly where projects that were cancelled or visionary projects should go.

2 Likes

The Pan AM Building:

ARCHIMAPS

8 Likes

007 you can stop wanting to make messes.

6 Likes

Why haven’t we removed 007 by now? While they do post things that are post worthy, the majority of their posts is slander and trying to manage a website they discovered a year ago. I don’t think the warnings are doing justice, as they have constantly chose to not listen and have respect

7 Likes

I think…
now i overdid it… too late… :frowning:

Agreed. 007 has made participating in this forum a drag. Enough with the warnings, it’s well past time for a ban.

8 Likes