NEW YORK | Where Would You Build A New Skyscraper?

Rizhao Center 1591 feet tall

2 Likes

Here is what I would do at the World Trade Center!

Basically I would rebuild the Twin Towers in their previous locations, 4 times as tall and with 4 times as many buildings. I would lower the memorial pools into basement level 1, and integrate them into the towers as chapels to tragedy. The ground level and plaza levels would largely be organized as before, but elevated higher to allow for Greenwich Street and Fulton Street to be routed below, and would project throughout the entire site. The towers would have a much darker tone much more similar to that of Sears Tower, and would have much more impressive signage than before, with red, L.E.D. signage being inplemented throughout the complex.

“World Trade Center | 3D Warehouse” World Center of Trade, Finance, Technology, and Healthcare | 3D Warehouse

2 Likes

14th Street and 3rd ave Con Ed Parking Lot.

Lively street scene with busy retail, lots of students, new tech office building at “0 Irving”, great transportation AND according to the zoning docs I see there are more than 500K sf of available air rights.

If I were a developer I’d be looking at the site for a 200K sf 8-10 story office base and the rest in a condo section above. The new building would have to accommodate a large garage and loading doc for the Con Ed building next door (who wouldn’t agree to it unless they got those things).

5 Likes

Chicago Spire 2006 version near to the Javits Convention Center. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Where the MetLife and Helmsley Buildings are now.

1 Like

https://www.cannonarchitecturestudio.com/commercial-hospitality#/super-tall-study-new-york-city/

5 Likes

My two old concept ideas from last year:
Hudson Yards Phase Two

Mackensen Tower is not built to scale, with heights ranging from 1300 to 1700 feet. Might be a model for WTC 2?

2 Likes

Make it 1970 please!

2 Likes

A custom spiral tower I’ve made in Minecraft, although I’m not that good at making spirals lol. :slight_smile: :sweat_smile:

I’d say my list of locations would be the World Trade Center, Hudson Yards, or Philadephia. Honestly, it does have some resemblance to the proposed American Commerce Center in Philly.

It has a height of 2,270 ft (692 meters) (692 blocks high in Minecraft)

2 Likes

Looks kinda like Shanghai tower, but less thickness at the top. And has nice overlapping folds that Shanghai doesn’t have. Nice

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

And if I had to be honest I have to agree, it does have a resemblance to the Shanghai Tower as well. It even looks like a glass shard whether up close or far away. Although not the most detailed, it is one of the best custom towers I’ve made in terms of design.

But at times I do feel like this could fit in either Dubai or somewhere in China

1 Like

Lol what’s wrong with me? I come back to this convo only to see my comment and wonder if I’m really capable of speaking and writing english.
Yeah I love the design.

1 Like
5 Likes

Oh my gosh! That looks amazing!

3 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

How about adding my custom spiral tower in Minecraft to the mix lol? :wink: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Me

4 Likes

I can see this right in downtown, on the opposite side of the financial district from ground zero. Would look amazing. Though if we were to already be this close, just bump the height up 10 meters and that’s a kilometer.

2 Likes

Something within the old dutch settlement that’s for sure!