NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

9 Likes

From my phone. With glasses on the lens…

8 Likes

Used a solar filter on my camera.

10 Likes

Update on efforts to convert southernmost lane of the Queensboro Bridge into dedicated pedestrian (no bicycles allowed) path.

9 Likes

Can’t wait. I walk across this bridge the most. I can’t tell you the number of times that I’ve fantasized about all the motorized vehicles that use the shared path dropping into the East River.

3 Likes

this news report has it all. Murder. passerby flipping the double birds. “blob blob blob”. And even the new NYPD patrol SUV design making a cameo.

1 Like

everything wrong with that area of the Bronx in one video. As heavenly as the name is, Mount Eden, it’s definitely not the Garden of Eden.

Mount Eden Avenue is misleadingly named.

The same cannot be said for Gun Hill Road.

1 Like

Why aren’t there any new plans for a pedestrian bridge crossing the East River? Something similar to Warsaw Bridge: Warsaw Bridge – DKFS

I think it would be cool if NYC had a brand new bridge connecting Manhattan which was built in this century since all the existing bridges are from the 20th or even 19th century.

3 Likes

There was a proposal a few years ago - but I can’t find anything recent on it.

6 Likes

The city needs this plus a pedestrian bridge connecting Greenpoint and LIC.

6 Likes

Specially noe

Specially now, after both sides had developed great waterfront parks.
There was a bridge before:
https://brooklyn11211.com/2019/02/newtown-timber-bridge/

7 Likes

That bridge was also proposed, and then nothing happened. Vaporware.

7 Likes

sounds like a great idea

5 Likes

Abolish zoning!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Skanska is about to transform a Brooklyn marine terminal into a major offshore wind hub (electrek.co)

3 Likes

something spiffy happening in the harbor. A couple of super yachts about along with additional vessels with blue lights. Maybe a video shoot or something.

2 Likes