NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

Highly doubt that that’s true

South Fork Wind just became the US’s first complete utility-scale offshore wind farm (electrek.co)

New York gets its first offshore wind farm, first in the US as well, many more to come from the entire region.

3 Likes

We will miss her. Hope she finds a good gig.

2 Likes

NHL is in Manhattan West, MLS is in 2 Penn. NFL is in 345 Park. NBA is 645 Park. NYC is the indisputable sports capital of the USA.

8 Likes

And the National Women’s Soccer League is at 292 Madison Avenue, the Big East (arguably the best college basketball conference) is at 655 Third Avenue, the Heisman Trophy (the most prestigious award in college football) is presented at Columbus Circle and the US Open in tennis is always held at Flushing Meadows.

11 Likes

The MLB is also headquartered here. All five major sport leagues are in New York.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Good one! :rofl:

Yall felt that earthquake right? Queens here and my entire apartment was shaking.

8 Likes

Yes! That was something. People on Twitter are reporting it all the way from Boston to Philly.

3 Likes

Aw man i missed it. Down in Florida this week. I remember the last one that struck Virginia. It shook the whole coast. I wonder if the S Waves will make it down here, probably not.

1 Like

It reminded me of the 2011 Virginia earthquake, which I also felt in NYC.

I have been to California numerous times, as well as Seattle, Anchorage, Sicily, Japan and other seismically active zones.

But the only quakes I have felt were at home in New York.

2 Likes

I thought I was going insane at first until everyone else started saying/messaging “did you feel that”, my apt also just started to rumble and everything started shaking/rattling on shelving.

2 Likes

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us7000ma74/executive

3 Likes

My parents house is 4 miles away from the epicenter. Felt it this morning here in Eastern PA. Thought it was construction equipment for a minute as they are doing some work nearby, at first. Trippy stuff. Now I just need to experience a tornado, mile long asteroid and locust swarm to check off the experience list.

3 Likes

1 Like

The epicenter isn’t too far from me being only around 30 miles away. It was the strangest thing I’ve experienced. I thought it was a heavy truck speeding by and hitting a bump but this persisted far longer and I had the weird feeling as if I got off an elevator when it subsided.

1 Like

There was just an aftershock (or foreshock to an even bigger tremor).

Just when I thought I had achieved some stability in my life, I feel shocked right to my core.

2 Likes

Just some iPhone shots. I didn’t have glasses so I didn’t look directly. It was easier to see the eclipse through the reflection of the glass in the camera (middle-right).

This was 3:07 and 3:23 PM before a giant cloud rolled in.

6 Likes

Filtered and unfiltered from Central Park feat. 50 W 66th

8 Likes