NEW YORK | Various News About Our City and Q&A

two very significant headlines this week.

@Jaydayvis possibly 6 incidents.

5 Likes

I forgot to mention that Capital One bank/cafe has opened at the old Victoria’s Secret space on Herald Square.

source: Capital One

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-somewhere-to-hang-try-the-cafe-run-by-a-bank-ff6f02ff

source: Marbridge Building - Wikipedia

Is this an improvement over the white-tiled blank wall of the old Victoria’s Secret store?

6 Likes

At least the green scaffolding is gone. I remember walking through there during peak am/pm rush and the supports for the scaffolding were always taking away precious walking space.

3 Likes

The next 5-6 days should be sunny in the area. It’s absolutely welcomed after the week of grey we had. Here’s to a good weekend and nice weather conditions for 270 Park’s (and perhaps 262 Fifth) topping out. :sunny::beers::tada:

8 Likes

well that didnt last long. I think they should go back to the powder blues and relax those silly conservative (sorry ‘traditional’) rules. Police should be approachable. The black/Dark Blue is too intimidating. And the grooming regulations too conformative.

1 Like

speaking of police activity, the suspect who shot a tourist in a store in Times Square and later shot at pursuing police, leading to a big chunk of midtown being shut down, was just 15:

1 Like

Snow coming Tuesday. Looks like the city will be spared from big accumulation but nice to get a little here and there under such a snowfall drought

2 Likes

Seems forecast became more intense

4 Likes

Just yesterday morning they were forecasting less than an inch in the city. By night time it was 5-8 inches lol

2 Likes

More tonight

4 Likes

Credit https://www.wetter3.de/animation_dt.html

Is it supposed to snow even more in New York? as I see it in the models.

1 Like

That’s rain, but to the north of the city more likely to be snow.

2 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

in the wild. it matches the sidewalk sheds lol

Untitled by Brooklyn Bridge Stickers, on Flickr

1 Like