NEW YORK | TSX Broadway | 580 FT | 46 FLOORS (Renovation)

They are expecting completion before the year ends so maybe late fall/early winter.

1 Like

Wow. Didn’t realize it was that far away. Looks completely finished from the outside. I hope they start testing the facade lights sooner than the fall. I really want to see what they look like.

1 Like

That was only ever a consideration, from early 2021, it never materialized.

They have the perfect site for it. And they have the goodwill for it because it’s one building everyone in the city is really excited for.

And they’ve shown no interest in doing so. :man_shrugging:

Just saw they started testing the facade lights last week. Does anyone have any good pictures of it?

1 Like

This one is due for an update. A lot of facade work has probably been done since it’s last update in this thread.

6 Likes

I dont go into the office until Wednesday, otherwise I’d be right next to it and would be able to get a shot quickly.

2 Likes

Mind you I had to go out of my way to dodge the TS crowds (which everyone knows to avoid TS at all costs) and go to the next subway stop north, but :man_shrugging:

Looks kind of tacky, but it might just be the color combo atm. Cladding is almost all up, the screen at the top looks to be installed but I dont think the side one has been yet.

16 Likes

LOVE IT! Hoping it will look great when done, and PRAYING it’s maintained

2 Likes

I think they’re just testing colors. Last week, they only had like 5 floors working so they turned on a bunch of new ones.

4 Likes

When you consider all the people who go to Times Square to visit their favorite chain restaurants, ‘tacky’ was most likely a requirement in the RFP.

5 Likes

$2.5 billion project in case anyone was wondering.

3 Likes

The lighting is awesome so far. I’m sure the current colours are just testing.

3 Likes

Definitely looks like it. They tested the RGB just like that on the W in Philly before completion

More floors had lights on, and the top led screen was being tested as well, the small side screen has still not been built. I still dont like the colors, and yes, I understand it is being tested, I don’t understand why everyone previously thought I thought it was the final product…

9 Likes

via Mancini Duffy

Found these renderings on the architect’s website. At least it’ll be uniform in color?

6 Likes

Exactly what Times Square needs IMO. Those countless large billboards hurt my eyes, I think the area needs more decorative lighting like this

3 Likes

Seems like the top led screen may be fully operational.

10 Likes

from my roof top last night.

it’s lit up like a Christmas tree. and the parapet LED screen is animating test patterns.

17 Likes