6 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

around 1967

Collection by Miss Mackensen

@TK2000

7 Likes

7 Likes

why does something like this always have to be posted in threads.

Why do you have to question it. Just move on

4 Likes

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnGFRZZJVEb/

8 Likes
3 Likes

Mmmmmm, I don’t know about that. I don’t recall seeing any of those colors anywhere in or on the ESB so I don’t know how the designer was influenced by the exhibits/building. The burgundy color was pretty iconic and is of course the color of the window frames. That’s gonna take a lot of getting used to.

2 Likes

Lol, literally what I was thinking. Instead, how about a light brown with a slight red hue to match the skin of the tower, while having the bands more of a black or very dark gray with some type of silver highlights to match the glass and mast. Not to mention the shirt could have some stylish pattern or design to showcase art deco architecture itself

2 Likes

Sigh… @TK2000

3 Likes

Lmao, I’m sorry New Yorkers. I’m actually not a sports fan, but I just love how the energy ties into the city. But my mother showed me that same exact image and that’s honestly the last thing I expected to see. But The Lighting Practice, the company that renovated the lighting on the Empire State Building, also renovated the lights on One Liberty Place in 2021

The lights are set up the same way too

2 Likes

I dont think it’s unusual, the ESB lighting scheme celebrates a wide variety of international things that aren’t related to NYC, its not only geared to be lit as it relates to things going on in the city.

4 Likes

Funny seeing ESB pop up on this forum. Sometimes I forget it even exists, a 1500 footer on 34th st somehow fades into the backdrop in the context of everything else going on.

The lighting scheme is phenomenal, definitely a step up from any other supertall in terms of maintenance of lights, or creativity in what to do with them.

2 Likes

Poor guy got ratio’d by a building

6 Likes

I can’t be bothered to listen to somebody who self identifies as a stool, much less the president of stools.

2 Likes

Yeah something about being in both the nation’s most populous city and a world city is exactly the reasons the ESB does stuff like this. It’s not restricted by sports rivalries. I prefer it that way.

1 Like