NEW YORK | The Big Bend (57th Street) | ~2,162 FT | FLOORS

Ok so, here are some of the designs I would like to see for a megatall in NY, this is just a sketch I made in 10 minutes, a lot of things are probably wrong, it’s just to give an idea

Building 1 and 2 have a less boxy design, their location in the city fits with both lower and downtown MH in my opinion, building 3 has a more boxy design (Nordstrom Tower) and It would fit well in Downtown along with the billionaire row

Also tried to make decent floor plans for 1 & 3, just to give an idea of the floors

There are a lot more designs I would like to show but I don’t have time to draw them decently

7 Likes

All three are lovely

2 Likes

the one of the left. It looks like a hybrid of CPT and Tower Verre, would love to see this tower. The one on the right is very similar to CPT IMO.

2 Likes

Personally I would prefer 2 or 3 in the downtown area , number 1 fits in very well in lower Manhattan, 2 is a middle ground: it fits perfectly in both lower and downtown

Tomorrow I am going to make another design that looks slimmer and more like tower Verre

1 Like

Here is a megatall Verre scaled to a crappy 1 minute version of 1WTC

7 Likes

My personal opinion? Well, it would be great to see a megatall in Manhattan, but the building is too bland. Also, in addition to that, the building is really slim, both footprints are around an 85×85, it would be way too slim and unstable to stand. Also, something surpassing One World Trade Center, the king of the city, I don’t think that should happen, but in 100 years from now I do expect a building over 2,000 feet to rise in Manhattan

2 Likes

This building is horrible, everybody want see the central park…

3 Likes

This thread is silly. No prayer of this happening.

2 Likes

This is a wasted opportunity, I find it disappointing that the only Megatall proposal NYC gets is this Hideous thing, I hope NYC Will get a Megatall proposal by 2020

2 Likes

Honestly I’ll be surprised if I ever see a megatall built in NYC in my lifetime.

It’s not that I don’t want one but I think with all the other more practical developments like wtc, hudson yards and countless other developments, people just don’t see the need for one.

A lot of places where megatalls get built are in countries that are newly developing so they’re building that tall because they require a lot of office space quickly. Whereas, NY has centuries worth of real estate already built up that can be renovated and reused.

That’s just my opinion though. If it were up to me I’d build a 2,000 ft beast somewhere in midtown.

2 Likes