NEW YORK | Radio Tower and Hotel (2420 Amsterdam Ave) | 295 FT | 22 FLOORS

11 Likes

Happy to see MVRDV get some work in NYC.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Yuk. -

1 Like

Starchitects foist junk on Harlem. This is and the Adjaye are the worst.

Uber European

2 Likes

I have to admit-the architects really outsmarted themselves with this one. This is going to look very low quality and not great when it’s finished.

1 Like

i for one like it.

3 Likes

I think its not bad, its different for sure!

At least its not another Kaufman and its doesnt have any ugly PTACS

1 Like

If you look closely there are already quality issues with the cladding. The large joints that are showing up as white lines between the panels does not look good. They should have went with a darker grout.

it looks like children’s blocks or legos maybe

1 Like

As much I am fond of a multicolor building, I’m not sure having all the colors of the rainbow across the board was what I was imagining. It looks out of place from its surroundings. However, it is a cool concept.

2 Likes

Welcome to lewis!

2 Likes

8 Likes

What a shame. This building has a unique position to take in the surroundings: High Bridge, GWB, the Palisades, two rivers. It’s another case of the best view is inside the building because you can’t see it.

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder how many drivers will claim this tower distracted them after getting into an accident in the hellhole merge that is the Westbound GWB entrance

1 Like

I’ll look forward to walking past that building sometime next year. I’m happy for the Columbia Medical students, but with the pandemic, that tenant market got decimated.

5 Likes

1 Like