NEW YORK | Penn Station Expansion/Improvements

This is great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Per NYguy:

1 Like
4 Likes

Bruh, let them complain about the delays and bottlenecks of the station then

Some people just don’t want to spend money.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Here is the gothamist article on it

Here is 6sqft

So, I’ve heard that msg has around 4-5 million sqft of air rights. If that’s true, I’m just saying…
Shanghai Tower - 4,090,300 sq ft
Merdeka 118 - 3,140,000 sq ft

3 Likes

It’s lipstick on a pig, but at least it’s lipstick.

3 Likes

This is great!!!

2 Likes

The bids for designs from various firms are due tomorrow, so hopefully we will get to see all the entries and the winning design, which will most likely be in a preliminary design stage, but atleast it will give us a more refined idea from the “overall” design intent that was released last year.

But we already know that Arup, along with KPF and Grimshaw Architects were chosen to design initial concepts for the redevelopment and expansion of the station in June, so surely whatever they’ve come up with will be amazing even if it is only conceptual.

8 Likes

Why was the thread title name changed? This thread is particularly about developments involving Penn Station itself and it’s renovation/expansion. That is a separate project/development than the entire Empire Station Complex even though that will eventually integrate with Penn Station, that’s why there were two separate threads.

There’s no need to merge or delete either of the threads, the title just needs to be changed back to what it was.

4 Likes

It’s the same thing.

Dude, did you even read what @TKDV just said? It’s two different threads. This thread involves Penn Station itself only, while the other thread consists of the redevelopment around Penn Station.

Based on what he said, I’m saying this only to make it clearer for you.

6 Likes

gotta say, 007 is one of the strangest new forumers here.

9 Likes
2 Likes

New York Governor Hochul is also expected to select a design for the new Penn Station train hall in the coming months.

So it’s possible we won’t see the designs for some time. Hopefully some of them, if not all of them, the final one or not, are released so that we can still see them before the Gov picks one.

4 Likes