NEW YORK | Pacific Park Redevelopment | (15 Towers) | FLOORS

Disappointing designs.

3 Likes

Very nice! I’m ok wit the designs. If Extell built these at 47th and 5th, I’d be irate. This area, however, has been a dump for a long time. I’m glad to see it develop.

2 Likes

The rail yard yes. There are beautiful brownstones less than a block away. Architecturally, these new towers, except 550 Vanderbilt and 535 Carlton are a downgrade.

2 Likes

7 Likes

They can tint concrete to look indistinguishable from brownstone. Odd that they haven’t made a tower in Brooklyn that exploits that.

1 Like

That’s a really great point!

From my 3D model of New York.

14 Likes

this is probably the second grossest example of bait and switch that has ever been perpetrated in this great city

the first, of course, is the Hudson Yards development

1 Like

Personally I think this one was the worst bait and switch. Hudson Yards, at worst, is boring. These buildings on the other hand are downright ugly.

1 Like

yeah, but there was so much promise with the HY,
multiple developers, world renown starchitect competition, blank canvas unfettered by zoning or community considerations, billions of capital

Field Condition

15 Likes

From 1.18.21:

16 Likes
7 Likes

9 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTh-mVOriVv/

5 Likes

How so? Did you think they would make a Mini-Central Park here? Perhaps recreate Grand Central? Come on, man, this is Brooklyn we’re talking about here. You get what you get. Now unless they rezone Gowanus and take out the unsightly Culver Viaduct for a tunnel, who’s interested?

1 Like

17 Likes

16 Likes

8 Likes

I think this may have topped out. Previous shots are from Monday and this photo is from this evening. Maybe the mechanicals take up a few more floors? Not sure…anyhow I keep changing the photo because the cranes were out of focus. At first I thought the lens was out of alignment but not so sure anymore.

14 Likes