NEW YORK | Midtown West Zoning

3 Likes
5 Likes

Imgur

On Ian Pears | Flickr

And now you should be able to imagine what this perspective looks like in the nights 10-15 years. When all the major projects are completed ESC, HY Phase Two and the PABT, yes I see the future.

11 Likes

The future? Would be worth a nice diagram?

Build this…

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Per urbannizer SSP

Imgur

4 Likes

You @algonyc have created a very interesting app can you explain to me the numbers from the plots?

Site from Penn 15

Hudson Yards Phase Two

What do the different colors mean?

I mean generally, it says what everything is to the left of the numbers. :thinking:

As for the colors, its showing the different zoning types, commercial/residential/manufacturing, etc.

Id say this app is very similar to NYC ZOLA’s website, but both are helpful. I still prefer ZOLA but youve done a good job @algonyc :+1:

4 Likes

But nothing with the future…

Midtown west

Can you please stop saying that like the whole ESC is now on hold or something…

Also the ESC isn’t all of Midtown West, theres still Hudson Yards Phase II and the PABT redevelopment.

3 Likes

Lol. As if he assumes the ESC is the end if no good news comes out.

007 please stop writing such crap that some project in the Midtown West area has been put on hold.

3 Likes

What do these two articles mean for MW?

Nothing since all three of the developments I mentioned in my previous post weren’t slated to start for a few years anyways and none of the developers listed in the article besides Vornado would’ve had much affect in the Midtown West area as they do not have any large projects planned. Anything involving Vornado is refering to 2023, not past that when things “should” start to be built.

Gov Hochul being reelected means that the developments Gov Cuomo spearheaded like PABT and ESC won’t be ignored.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for PABT to be redeveloped, it’s really time!!!

5 Likes

Had an old request per @Mackensen but only now was able to get to it.

Present vs possible future depictions of the Midtown West area with Hudson Yards Phase II, The PABT redevelopment, and The ESC. (Ignore the grayed tower in Times Square, I forgot to change TXR Broadways color lol) I’m also still slowly working on filling in the rest of Hell’s Kitchen. There’s also still so many proposals going on in the HYSD that don’t really have solid proposals so the area north of The Spiral to Towers 3 & 4 of The PABT will also fill up eventually.

12 Likes

NICE!! Almost forms like a U-shape city or a upside down “N”. :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

I hope they build every single building out like the last render.

3 Likes

can you post more perspectives?

Skyline view