NEW YORK | Mackensens Unofficial Skyscraper Projects

1 Like

I would be for an
MSG sphere

Would a slimmer tower on the 175 Park Avenue site be taller (over 500 meters)?

Reddit - Dive into anything

4 Likes

I once searched Philadelphia on Google Maps and saw these two empty lots (parking lots). Wanted to ask what is planned here? or another question what would be possible here a phased project? or even a possible “supertall”?

3 Likes

The first lot is owned by PECO, they presumably will not develop anything since they have a skyscraper to the west of the site. Plus I believe that site is home to an electrical station. The second lot is owned by Parkway, and rumors for a massive tower on that site was going around about two years ago

3 Likes

I found this empty (The property is located above Manhattan West) plot on Google Maps, do any of you know what was/is planned here?

Since 413 9th Ave. has been approved, it could happen that someone acquires the northern properties and achieves a similar building here.

https://a810-dobnow.nyc.gov/Publish/DocumentStage/PortalDownloadedDocuments/1/M00823149/I1/Supporting%20Documents//ZD1%20DOB%20Zoning%20Diagram_a2e49493f2.pdf

What do the figures in this table mean? and what is a boutique office building?

1 Like

There are no “current” plans for that lot, just only that it will be a small residential building like those around it. One development’s actions do not affect another developments actions, 413 9th Ave has no bearing on the empty site.

As for the Zoning chart, there’s not really anything to explain on it in terms of what the figures are representing as they are all labeled(?). It’s just a breakdown of the FAR for each floor.

A boutique office is just descriptive of a smaller sized commercial building with smaller floor plates or an establishment/company with needs less than those of a larger corporate company.

2 Likes

A boutique office building will have several to many varied tenants in a smaller structure.

I don’t want to bump the official topic, so I’ll ask about it in my own.
The last update was in May 2021 and would like to ask why this nevertheless beautiful project has come to a standstill?

45-03 23rd Street. Designed by Fogarty Finger Architecture

It has a lot in common with this smaller project on 42nd Road in Long Island.

3 Likes

Not sure why but when I walked by maybe a month ago it was still a pit. It’s strange in the sense that this is a PRIME location for transit with the Court Square 7/E/M/G right next to it. There’s actually two assemblages in this:

It looks like the developer is Charney Company and their website still lists the project as in development.

https://www.charneycompanies.com/development#

5 Likes

Possibly interest rates are too high for a workable construction loan.

1 Like

What I don’t quite understand is that some empty plots are not built on. This is because the owner pays property tax for his plot and this is not exactly cheap.

Site K/ Affirmation Tower

No official winner has been announced for Site K (418 11th Ave.) as this topic was not discussed at the last meeting. Maybe it will be a topic at the next meeting, who knows. So we can say that the revised proposal was published too early.

Either the Affirmation Tower was only released because the Wynn Resort was unveiled a few days earlier?

Peebles wants to build his Affirmation Tower, I’m sure, but it’s also possible that he wants to work with another developer. If he doesn’t win the RFP on Site K, it’s also likely that the Affirmation Tower could be planned on the Roosevelt Hotel site (45 East 45th Street) with revised probertions. This means that the proposal will have to be completely redesigned once again.

1 Like

Peebles is the developer.

2 Likes

I started a topic about this last week, can anyone tell me what this article is about?

Quite literally what the headline reads, Prada bought a condo unit in the Crown Building that was in the deal when they purchased 720 and 724 5th Ave, nothing more to it.

1 Like

What could this perspective look like in the near future? @rgarri4

4 Likes

4 Likes