NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

Sidewalk shed is new, maybe the city is finally going to tear this garbage down…

7 Likes

Demolition starting in May and going to be affordable housing units. Should be completed sometime in 24’

2 Likes

That block is disgusting. Is the whole block coming down? I hope so.

2 Likes

Construction Update: Carnegie Hall Renovation

2022 Carnegie Hall Renovation Scaffolding 57th Street 0842 by Brecht Bug, on Flickr

3 Likes

Pretty sure its just those 4 unfortunately

That sucks Dick Cheney.

Just look at that detail!!!

533 Pacific Street

7 Likes

A pair of two towers will be added at 2455 Third Avenue, in Mott Haven, the Bronx. (23-24 stories) It will be built directly in front of the new Bankside development (NEW YORK | Bankside | 7 Towers | 210 FT | 25 FLOORS), adjacent to another two-towered residential building (The Arches/NEW YORK | The Arches (228 E 135th St) | 2 x 250 FT | 2 x 25 FLOORS), and another brand new building.

Below is a construction site rendering of, im assuming, one of those towers. The permits were filed back in 2020, as seen in the YIMBY post. Permits Filed for 2455 Third Avenue in Mott Haven, The Bronx - New York YIMBY

It is increasingly evident that the Mott Haven waterfront section of the Bronx is quickly being made up of an entirely new skyline, and a rush of revitalization.

3 Likes

3 Likes

APPROVED! And the Atlantic Avenue development boom continues to soar …

Let’s welcome these two beauties to the Atlantic Ave corridor in Crown Heights/PH:

17-story 1034-1042 Atlantic Avenue
17-story 870-888 Atlantic Avenue

10 Likes

nice. Those have been meandering their way through approvals forever.

1498-1538 Coney Island Avenue, construction loan granted for 10-story office building. https://rew-online.com/parkview-financial-provides-92-million-construction-loan-for-development-of-a-class-a-10-story-office-retail-building-in-brooklyn-ny/

7 Likes

16-story and 9-story duo development (mixed-use) progresses further to construction in Downtown Flushing, Queens, at 133-25 37th Ave, with the help of $90 million loan origination. Offered in both towers will be retail, hotel, office, and residential space. https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/news/madison-realty-capital-originates-90-million-loan-for-mixed-use-development-in-flushing-queens/article_49124170-7f0a-5028-a7cd-3a127c131833.html

4 Likes

7 Likes

a bit overwhelming. It looks like it would fit in better amongst the big box prewars in the flatiron district.

3 Likes

Spotted this “infill” development on CityRealty, apart of the LaGuardia Houses (NYCHA) The future Two Bridges skyline moves forward with over 3,000 new rentals in the pipeline | CityRealty

I can’t find anymore information about these renderings. Perhaps, someone can send more info on this development.
Found: its stalled as per a 2019 article NYCHA mixed-income infill projects ‘appear stalled:’ report - Curbed NY

I dont believe any RFP has been issued for such developments. I assume they are part of some sort of visualization for how the ‘towers in the park’ neighborhoods could evolve in the future.

Ah, I see. But something like this looks great for that area. Hopefully the densification of the LES progresses even further with the Two Bridges development going on there.

Spotted in a neighborhood Facebook group. This seems to be the first look at the condos that will replace the Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn. Can’t find any news or better render via reverse image search. Owner: Gowanus Cubes LLC. General Contractor: ARC Electrical and Mechanical Contractors Corp.

4 Likes

Out of Morrisania in the Bronx, this new development will be taking shape: a 15 story mixed use tower.

5 Likes