NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

A nine story residential building will rise at 962 Pacific Avenue in Crown Heights.

RENDERING

Current site condition

Here are two articles with more detailed information:

2 Likes

This lot was poised for the development of a low-rise residential seven years ago, the foundation is still in in place. I wonder whatever happened to this ghost development.

1733 Lexington Ave East Harlem

1 Like
1 Like

7 story low rise office building to rise up at 156-166 Bowery

Link: Seven-Story Office Building Headed to Bowery Lighting District | Bowery Boogie

Current conditions:

2 Likes

Remember the Lenox Terrace infill development? I walked by the property today and the conditions are appalling. I’m assuming it will remain appalling for a couple of more years due to City Council negligence and NIMBYism. Those towers would’ve been so freakin nice.

2 Likes

A good, important, read. Not making political or policy commentary here, just pointing out there are a lot of dangerous industries. And construction is right near the top of the list, esp. private construction. A million and one ways to get hurt.

4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

One of my favorite museums in the city. Renzo Piano did a great job here.

2 Likes

2 low rise developments are opposed by the community in Hells Kitchen.

2 Likes

Outrageous. If anything, they should be opposed bc they’re too short. This is Midtown. Large, full-block buildings should be at least 40+ floors. NIMBYs need to be ignored.

1 Like

I live in this neighborhood. I say build both now.

“The Community” - here we go again. My technical definition of ‘community’ is - every person living within a one mile radius of the proposed new Real Estate Development. If a majority of said “community” opposes the project: only then does that statement have any logical validity.

Furthermore - even if that ‘majority’ opposition is established - that is not sufficient justification for ‘opposition’. I know they only have ‘advisory power’ - but still have influence in these projects.

These are my opinions on what would be a beginning toward a sane policy for new project approvals in NYC; not likely to happen - but feels good state my opinion. :smirk:

Will someone please provide a body count for that ‘group’ of people who constitute :sob: :scream: :weary:
“THE COMMUNITY”.

Just an appreciation post for the Bond Street beauties!

40 Bond Street by Herzog and De Meuron

25 Bond Street by BKSK Architects

10 Bond Street by Selldorf Architects

22 Bond Street by BKSK Architects

And also 215 Chrystie nearby by Herzog and De Meuron

9 Likes

Very nice, with the exception of 22 Bond street’s rust colored façade which I find looks out of place. Love the green in the first picture!

1 Like

32 Rutgers Street

Bowery Boogie photo

https://boweryboogie.com/2022/06/the-stalled-6-story-development-rising-atop-former-rutgers-street-laundromat/

2 Likes

545 Vanderbilt

Photos courtesy of this article: The Axel: Morris Adjmi-designed tower at foot of Vanderbilt Avenue open street readies for leasing launch | CityRealty

4 Likes

30-77 Vernon Blvd

Photo from Travis Mark, article link; Leasing launches at waterfront rental Astoria West, with apartments priced from $2,920/month | 6sqft

4 Likes

Are the Throggs Neck (Bronx) YIMBYs unreasonable?

1 Like