NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

^ If they want a slice of Suburbia, they could always just go to Suburbia.

The geothermal energy at the Bushwick hotel will come from around 60 bore holes that will go around 300 to 500 feet deep and contain the geothermal pipes. Those pipes will all connect to a larger pipe that then runs to heat pumps in the hotel, creating a geothermal loop, Liberis said.

The closed loop uses the constant heat of the water underground (which stays at around 55 degrees year-round) for cooling in summer and heating in winter by conducting a heat transfer through the geothermal pipes and heat pumps. In summer, heat is pulled from hot air in the hotel and transferred into the ground to cool the hotel. In winter, heat is drawn from the ground to warm the hotel.

1 Like

They will always be apart of the “Bronx”. Do you know the first connotation that comes to mind when you, or I, hear “Bronx”? Urban. Density. That entire borough on its own is extremely densified and massively urban. I don’t know why they hate progression. What do they expect? Put some eight-story buildings up and call it a day. Manhattan, Kansas is not where we’re at.

I can’t believe that literal NIMBY’s can derail entire development proposals just because it’s “out of context”. You’re in the largest city in America, and one of the largest cities in the world. Get a grip. Anyways. That’s my TED talk. Lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

Praise the Lawd!

I’ve wanted that pos to come down for years. Hopefully, Gary will acquire the little pos next to it with T Mobile.

2 Likes

How many stories will this one have? 86th street area should be littered with tall developments as it is a prime location @mcart

2 Likes

Most developments on the UES aren’t that tall.

1 Like

No idea.

^Another massive one on Park? A reno? Or just a switch of hands?

SL green is just buying a 25% stake.

SL Green Realty found two joint venture partners to help it acquire its previously-announced purchase of 450 Park Ave., a deal that has now closed.

The ownership group consists of institutional investors from South Korea and Israel. SL Green retained a 25.1% interest in the property and will oversee leasing and management of the property on behalf of the partnership.

1 Like

This one isn’t getting redeveloped any time soon.

1 Like

From street level the buildings on the UES look massive, somewhat…

… Until you figure out that the majority of them are 27-30 stories tall.

1 Like

Where: Can I find building permits (for new developments, buildings, etc.)? Is there a city website?

https://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/bispi00.jsp

2 Likes
1 Like

renovation work on the Octagonal Towers at Central Park North and Fifth. Huge improvement over the redbrick, even if a bit sterile.

from cityrealty

5 Likes