NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

Woah… the development of Jamaica, Queens is happening at a rapid pace. Can it be the next Downtown Brooklyn?.. maybe in a few years?..

3 Likes

The “River Park” development in Cobble Hill, BK is an interesting development that has gone under the radar for quite a while.

Just realized there’s a thread for this project, but interesting to revive this development nonetheless. NEW YORK | River Park Brooklyn (LICH Redevelopment) | 475 + 256 + 182 FT | 28 + 19 + 15 FLOORS - #20 by YIMHudson

The masterplan:

The former, more generic, masterplan:

339 Hicks, 28 stories, 2 River Park, which is the tallest tower

1 River Park

1 Like

Wow this is moving quickly. I was up there in May and they were just getting started.

1 Like

News from Harlem… a 10-story state-of-the-art laboratory will be built @ 40 W 137th St
NYCEDC and DOHMH Break Ground On State-Of-The-Art New York City Public Health Laboratory | NYCEDC

9 Likes

Now someone please tell me why this is only seven stories? Like what? This is such an optimal and prominent location. I’m mad, lol. Could easily be maybe 20 stories. You know what, maybe even 40.

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/the-life-sciences-sector-blossoms-nyc-see-12-upcoming-projects-metro-becomes-largest-market-country/56101

1 Like

There’s a bunch of lowrise junk in that particular area that probably have no air rights.

See, New York City needs to vastly bulk up its Life Sciences industry when it comes to laboratory and office space. Chicago the same, and Los Angeles as well. NYC should be Number One in the nation outright, and Chicago and Los Angles should follow. Take the initiative, New York.

Well, take a look at how NIMBY’s completely obliterated the two tower Lenox Hill expansion plan. It’ll be a rough road towards initiation as everything is controlled by community NIMBYism.

I would’ve loved seeing these high rises on my daily walks.

2 Likes

Why do towers generate such controversy in Manhattan of all places? Drives me up a freaking wall!

1 Like

Isn’t Lennox still working on a plan?

Yes but it has been scaled down to something flimsy and lackluster.

1 Like

Has a new design been released?

No, but there’s a massing diagram showing how bulky and boring it’ll look.

Current massing

2 Likes

“Utopia Living, Pomonok-Flushing, Queens”
Early renderings show 42 and 50-story towers sharing a four-story podium. Each tower would be the tallest in the borough outside of Long Island City, with the taller north tower reaching at least 572 feet.

2 Likes

Hey that’s really close to Newarks new tallest!
Good to see big things being built in Queens.

Unfortunately this project went dark

1 Like

Interesting. When was the last update?

CityRealty (which regurgitates old development news all the time) gave a 2021 update but the last solid information was 2019!

1 Like