NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

Is anything big going on in Harlem, the Bronx or Staten Island?

Harlem, depends which part: Upper Harlem near Hamilton Heights? No, bc the councilwoman killed the last super-major development proposed for the area, One45. She’s a hardcore NIMBY that thinks development automatically =gentrification, so expect upper Harlem/ Hamilton Heights be the way it is right now. Central Harlem, eh, you got a few projects, nothing too big. Near Columbia and Manhattanville there’s some activity going on but EAST HARLEM??? A hell lot of developments. Almost a development every block between 126th and 96th. It’s prime real estate.

Bronx: Yes, a bunch of affordable housing projects have been sprouting up. The Mott Haven waterfront is currently developing a few towers.

Staten Island: Some flimsy developments mainly 5 stories or less are in the works. There is one proposal that’s quite huge near Richmond Terrace area, like 20 stories or something. Haven’t heard anything about it since last year though

3 Likes

Myrtle and Palmetto in Bushwick

3 Likes

NIMBY’s back at it again, in Inwood. They claim it is “significantly taller than those around it”, and that “there is no parking”. One noted, “I look at this building and see that Inwood will be ruined”, “I loved our building that was only 5/6 stories high. People got to know their neighbors. Buildings like this are cold and impersonal.”

1 Like

Three. Stories. Do you see this?

Lol that’s the first thing I noted like wtf? They’re going mad. They don’t want new people in the area, that’s all. They have a whole Facebook group dedicated to being against any development that is proposed for their area.

1 Like
2 Likes

:triumph: :triumph: :triumph:

4 Likes

This is on the corner of Cumming Street and Seaman Avenue. I know there’s a joke there, but I can’t think of it.

Anyone here wanna design the zimbabwe consulate? *Permanent Mission to the UN.

This is actually the Zimbabwe mission to the UN. Zimbabwe does not have a consulate in NYC, and I don’t believe they are planning to open one. Consular services are provided at their embassy in Washington.

1 Like

Yeah sorry that’s what I meant.

4 Likes

Somewhere in East Harlem.

4 Likes

That’s the tower portion of Sendero Verde

1 Like
3 Likes