NEW YORK | Brooklyn Bridge renovation

1 Like

9 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve been down that staircase under that part of the bridge and it’s pretty scary at times.

2 Likes

I agree, I like this vision.
Not sure about the mural; I’m fine with the street art look and feel on the park, but not on the bridge.

4 Likes
2 Likes

If there is a better place to park this shot, let me know.

7 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Its paywalled.

Here is an archived version that bypasses the paywall.
https://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/pr2024/brooklyn-bridge-glow-up.shtml

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I only wish they lit the sides of the towers too. The arches are iconic but I love the entire stone structure.

Visible on Earthcams right now. Have to squint for a few.

Source: just_photography8

9 Likes

Lighting the bottom half of the towers would have been even better, but I’ll take what they did because either way it’s awesome. They should do the Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges next.

6 Likes

My only other critique is a warmer white should have been used. But if they are scrubbing the stone and restoring it to the original gray, perhaps the cooler white will look better.

4 Likes

The article mentioned the scrubbing of the stone which restored its original grey appearance after being discoloured to brown by decades of pollution and grime.

I agree - for me, they are too far on the cold side of the spectrum - but if these are LEDs, I’ll assume they will probably turn them into any color

3 Likes

8 Likes

Seeing those additional pics changed my opinion concerning the lighting temperature. I think it looks magnificent. I’ll need to see it in person. A 140 year old beauty.

Edit: another pic

Source: nu_yo_rican

11 Likes

Agreed, they’re a bit harsh. Spent the weekend swapping out the halogens in my ceiling fixtures w/LEDs…hopefully Antonio Reynoso has the Brooklyn Bridge on a dimmer

4 Likes

8 Likes