NEW YORK | AC NoMad (842 6th Ave) | 315 FT | 25 FLOORS

I’m very pleased that this PoS will be razed and that the beautiful old building to the south will remain! I was disappointed when the beautiful residential tower rising next door did not include this because I feared that we’d either be stuck with this or that some shmuck would demolish this and the gem next to it. Fortunately, it all worked out!

7 Likes

Good. No loss here.

3 Likes

I agree. The one getting torn down was an eyesore. But I hope the nice white one withstands future development. From today

4 Likes

I concur

1 Like

Nothing going on at this site, but does anyone know what is going on at the corner of 6th and w 29th st? They started taking down more buildings along 29th st now.

2 Likes

I applaud the plumbers! Let’s declare war on s.h.i.t.!

Fortunately, the beautiful building between these turds appears safe.

Yesterday. Scaffolding going up for demo.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

interesting, this is going to be a modular build.

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/world039s-tallest-modular-hotel-coming-842-sixth-avenue-nomad/18567

7 Likes

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:STvXJxhZRFcJ:www.dannyforster.com/project/ac-nomad/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

(dannyforster.com seems to have some problem but Google has a cache of the page)

11 Likes

any time a development of this class does not have exposed a/c vents is a winner in my book

1 Like

Demo almost down to street level.

3 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

This article has a link to a youtube video which is pretty interesting:

AC NoMad - Modular Grows Up

The 168 modular units (assembled in Poland) will be delivered in January. The retail base and elevator section are the only construction necessary in NY. Should go up fast.

The beginning of that video is also interesting - they created some strange hack to meet zoning requirements for their building near wtc.

1 Like

90 days for completion.

= = = = =

World’s tallest modular hotel set to rise in Manhattan’s NoMad

The world’s biggest hotel company is betting that factory-built guest rooms are a key to juicing revenue—and helping guests get a better night’s sleep.

Marriott International Inc. is laying plans for what it says will be the tallest modular hotel in the world, in Manhattan’s NoMad neighborhood. Its 168 guest rooms will be assembled in a factory in Poland, shipped overseas and trucked into New York in the middle of the night, when the city streets can accommodate the oversized loads**. The 26-story AC Hotel is expected to rise in 90 days and open next year.** Marriott wants the tower to serve as a beacon to developers, lenders and factory owners.

“Our goal is to move the industry,” said Eric Jacobs, chief development officer for the company’s select-service and extended-stay brands in North America. “Cost and time is really important to owners and developers. It’s about speed to market, and any time we can move that needle, it’s good for everybody.”

Hotel companies like Marriott would like to ramp up modular construction because it can help them open new properties faster, a key path to increasing revenue. The method saves time because builders can do site work while rooms are being built in the factory, Jacobs said.

==============
CRAINSNY

4 Likes

i think theres a thread for this somewhere. Then again I already messed up today lol

2 Likes

It’s the AC Nomad thread already. 842 6th

1 Like

Thanks., merged/

Thanks, so much going on lol.