NEW YORK | 790 Seventh Avenue | 1500 FT | FLOORS

sin.art likes to do these as a hobby. It’s not a real proposal.

5 Likes

Thanks

I can’t believe that I almost forgot about Shvo. He’s a real putz.

2 Likes

I think you’re my alter ego!

I’d like to see that!!!. .

The Qataris who own this have very high standards, and yet, this roach motel is the utter perigee.

Its time is limited.

1 Like

Is this a real project?

Yes, :+1:

1 Like

Speaking of this project, I just went to that studios site and I really, really like their “billboard as a facade” idea. It looks amazing. It makes the building itself look like it’s alive. Hopefully something similar to that at 1,500 ft gets built.

4 Likes

Is there anything new?

Is 1670 feet possible?

1 Like

Can you please not bump threads, when new info comes out it will surely be posted.

Can you also stop asking if “xyz” height is possible on every tall tower development. I’ve already mentioned plenty of times in numerous threads that there is no height cap in NYC unless designated in the zoning for the site.

10 Likes

It was just a question.

in Chicago threads I only post links.

There’s a difference in posting an update to bump a thread vs bumping to ask a question as to if there is an update.

There are many times you’ve posted in NY threads about if projects “can” be or the possibility of being xyz height. And as I’ve mentioned before (many times) buildings can be whatever height they want to be in NYC UNLESS explicitly mentioned in their zoning codes/districts or if there are restrictions. There’s no need to ask if projects can be any height over their proposed heights all the time.

As it pertains to this proposed development, the initial article clearly states that the building will be “nearly 1,500 ft tall”, this measurement comes as a result of the floor to floor heights combined with the floor area and it’s division among the number of proposed floors. If there are accessories like a tall parapet or spire, that would’ve been factored into the design already. There wouldn’t be a point to add nearly 200’ of height to the project if it possibly already had a tall accessory.

8 Likes

How long could the demolition take here?

That will be determined once some recent news come out indicating something will rise here. Were not there yet lol.

Let’s wait for some real news to not bump this up and get hopes up.

4 Likes

I can hardly wait…

Well things take time so sometimes we have to be patient

2 Likes

Why was the thread on 175 Park Ave. closed?

This isn’t the thread to discuss that, Chris clearly stated to close the thread until news came out so that it isn’t bumped needlessly, similar to this thread, it should also be locked in my view.

4 Likes

This isn’t the thread to discuss that, Chris clearly stated to close the thread until news came out so that it isn’t bumped needlessly, similar to this thread, it should also be locked in my view.

I understand your objection to the 007 posts. When a new post is added to a thread, I go to see what has developed; only to find some inane, nonsense or redundant comment.

This forum can self regulate because it is a ‘reputation building’ format; we soon find out who the “thread bumpers” are, so they can be ignored or blocked.

I always read what TKDV has to say, among a few others here on YIMBY - because they have built a good reputation. There will always be trolls: 007 is one of many here on this forum… :astonished:

6 Likes